If you like easy dinners & pasta, then you will love this! There’s nothing better than a simple pasta dinner with a french baguette. Yum!
Linguine is one of my favorites to cook with. This linguine has homemade ricotta added to it, making it creamy and delicious. Throw in some garlic, green beans and cherry tomatoes and you have a perfect meatless meal in under 30 minutes!
Healthy Ricotta Linguine with Green Beans & Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 13.25-oz box linguine pasta (I love Dreamfield's Healthy Carb Linguine)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 lemon zested
- Cook pasta according to package directions, cooking until al dente. When finished, drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water. Transfer the hot pasta to a large bowl and add the ricotta cheese. Toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the green beans, garlic, salt and pepper and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add the reserved cup of pasta water and continue cooking until tender, about another 4 minutes.
- Add the pasta with ricotta to the pan with the green beans and toss to combine. Add the tomatoes and gently toss, cooking until slightly softened. Transfer to a serving plate and top with lemon zest. Serve and enjoy!