My mother-in-law and two brothers-in-law were over visiting for the 4th of July this last weekend and we had a great time. We went to the beach, watched fireworks, the boys went golfing, and my MIL and I went shopping – overall a great holiday weekend!
My MIL loves to cook. She used to have a catering business and has all sorts of recipe ideas. She usually brings me some sort of new recipe every time she comes to visit. This time, it was this Grilled Corn Avocado Salad. She had this at a church event and got the recipe from the gal who made it.
We did a few changes of our own to the recipe and made this salad as a side with some salmon. Let’s just say it was demolished in about 5 minutes. The entire (huge) bowl – gone.
I had to make a brand-new batch to take pictures of it. Yup, lucky me got the entire bowl all to myself! 😉
It is soooo good! I love grilled sweet corn but hate the way it gets stuck in your teeth when you bite into it on the cob. This recipe takes all that sweet corn off the cob and mixes it with other yummy veggies. The dressing is an easy olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing that lets the flavors of the vegetables shine through.
I love the crunch of the tomatoes, cucumbers and corn and the softness of the avocado and feta. This grilled corn avocado salad is definitely a winner! It would be perfect served alongside a grilled steak on a summer night. Absolutely delish!
Grilled Corn & Avocado Salad
- 5 ears corn grilled - remove kernels with a sharp knife
- 10- oz container cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 avocados diced and sprinkled with lemon juice to prevent browning
- 3.5- oz container reduced fat feta cheese
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1/2 large cucumber peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- In a large bowl, combine corn, cherry tomatoes, avocados, feta cheese, green onions, cucumber and cilantro. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a small glass jar, combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper and shake up. When ready to serve, pour over salad and stir together. Serve and enjoy!