Yep, I did it. I’m sharing a grilling recipe in January! There’s something about grilled food. It’s so summery and delicious. And even more appealing to me in the colder months of winter.
I’m a pretty lucky girl that I get to live in Southern California where the weather consists mostly of sunny days. We’re able to grill mostly year round which is so nice. I know, I’m spoiled. 🙂
One of my favorite grilled dishes are shish kabobs. I love just about anything grilled on a stick and slathered in barbecue sauce. These kabobs are just that. Marinated, tender pork and crispy-soft vegetables doused in Kraft’s new Original Barbecue Sauce.
Have you seen the new Kraft sauces? They’re available in eight varieties: Original, Hickory Smoke, Sweet Honey, Mesquite Smoke, Sweet Brown Sugar, Sweet & Spicy, Spicy Honey, and Thick & Spicy. These sauces all have high-quality ingredients like tomatoes, sweet molasses, cider vinegar and cane sugar. NO high fructose corn syrup! I’ve tasted the Original, Sweet Honey and Mesquite Smoke and loved all three.
These sauces taste homemade. Honestly. They’re thick, rich and are delicious on chicken, burgers, shish kabobs and lots more grilled dishes. For some fabulous recipe inspiration, check out more Kraft recipes HERE.
With the big game coming up this weekend, these shish kabobs are the best way to celebrate. They’re easy and taste like summer on a stick! The best way to cook them, is to use the Evergriller Grill ‘N’ Flip Mitt.
This mitt is a specially designed, fire-resistant grilling glove that protects the griller’s hands from both the heat of the grill and the chill of the outdoors during winter grilling season. I’m sort of a grilling wuss. I’m not a fan of the heat of the grill. I’m one of those awkward grillers that stands back as far as possible and turns my head to the side while trying to flip or baste just so that I don’t have to get my hand, arm or face torched by the heat of the grill. When I use this mitt, I never have to do that! It can hold just about any grill tool, making it easy to flip, stab, and baste with ease and precision all while keeping your hand and arm cool from the heat. Pretty cool stuff!
You NEED one of these mitts, not to mention a YEAR’S supply of Kraft Barbecue Sauce!! Enter now by visiting GrillinFools.com between January 19 and January 30. The winner will be randomly selected at the close of the giveaway. Hurry and enter now!
13 year olds are really cute when they’re helping out, right?! 😉
Grilled Teriyaki-Barbecue Pork Shish Kabobs
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 pound boneless pork loin cut into 1" cubes
- i red onion cut into chunks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper cut into large chunks
- Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce
- wooden skewers
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add in pork cubes and marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Soak skewers in water for 20-30 minutes. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Thread the marinated pork and veggies onto the skewers. Spread Kraft Orginal Barbecue Sauce onto the skewers, coating meat and vegetables.
- Place onto preheated grill and cook until the pork is cooked through and the vegetables are softened, marinating as you go with the barbecue sauce and using the Evergriller Grill 'N' Flip Mitt.
- Serve with couscous if desired and enjoy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and provided product samples by Kraft Foods, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.