Last week was like that for me. I had a complete brain fart when I sat down to plan my meals. So I started thinking about what I used to eat when I was a kid, what my all time favorite meals were … and then BAM! Hawaiian Haystacks came to my mind!
- 4 cooked chicken breasts chopped or shredded (or 1 large can)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 10.75 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- about 4 cups warm cooked rice I used brown
- Suggested Toppings:
- pineapple tidbits
- green bell peppers chopped
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced olives
- chopped tomatoes
- sliced green onions
- crunchy chow mein noodles
- sliced almonds
- shredded coconut
- any other topping that sounds good to you!
- Pour chicken broth into a large skillet. Add chopped or shredded chicken and simmer on medium-high heat until slightly reduced, 3-5 minutes.
- Add cream of chicken soup, basil and parsley into chicken and cook until heated through.
- Scoop warm rice onto plates and generously top rice with chicken mixture. Now add favorite toppings as desired to complete your dish. ENJOY!!