So the big day has finally come. My oldest is graduating elementary school today! Next year he starts middle school. I honestly feel like I just brought him home from the hospital. How in the world can he be ELEVEN already?!! WHY do they have to grow up so fast?! Sometimes I wish I could freeze time and keep my boys young forever. I’m trying to live in the moment and enjoy every second with them. That’s the only way I can cope with them growing up. Oh, and by taking a million pictures of them — haha!
Anyway, since today is the last day of school, summer officially begins at our house! When the weather warms up, we grill ALL the time. I love grilling things out of the ordinary. Like potato slices, fruit (check out my Sweet & Spicy Grilled Fruit Skewers on Classy Clutter last week!) and various peppers. These yellow and red peppers are halved and filled with a delicious turkey mixture and then grilled! Please believe me when I tell you they have soooo much flavor!! My boys love them! If you’re still on the look-out for a yummy Father’s Day dinner to make for dad, TRY THESE! He will devour them! Plus, as a mom, there’s nothing better than a meal that contains a lean protein and a veggie all in one!
So first, half your peppers and clean them out. Mix together the turkey and seasonings. Fill peppers and grill meat-side down for about 5 minutes.
Flip over and grill for about 5-8 minutes more or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
Pile on a serving platter and serve to your hungry family – they will devour them! Enjoy!
Healthy Grilled Turkey-Stuffed Peppers
Bell peppers stuffed with a delicious and healthy turkey meat mixture and then grilled.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 6 -8
- 4 red or yellow bell peppers halved and cleaned out
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/4 cup seasoned italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Rinse and slice red and yellow bell peppers in half. Clean out insides by getting rid of seeds and any veins. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Use your hands to lightly mix it together. Fill each pepper half with turkey mixture.
- Lightly grease grill grates. Place each filled pepper meat-side down on pre-heated grill for about 5 minutes. Carefully flip over and grill for another 5 -8 minutes - or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Enjoy!
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @JenNikolaus or tag #YummyHealthyEasy!
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these too:
Sara Howe says
I love this idea!!! I’m going to give it a try this summer 🙂
[email protected] says
These look great, Jen! I am always looking for good ground turkey recipes….I will definitely add this to my list!
Julie @ This Gal Cooks says
LOVE this recipe, Jen! What a great idea to do stuffed peppers on the grill!