Healthy Grilled Turkey-Stuffed Peppers
- 4 red or yellow bell peppers halved and cleaned out
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/4 cup seasoned italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Rinse and slice red and yellow bell peppers in half. Clean out insides by getting rid of seeds and any veins. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Use your hands to lightly mix it together. Fill each pepper half with turkey mixture.
- Lightly grease grill grates. Place each filled pepper meat-side down on pre-heated grill for about 5 minutes. Carefully flip over and grill for another 5 -8 minutes - or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Enjoy!