There an awesome street fair near where I live on Memorial Day weekend. They have all these booths where vendors sell everything from dog chew toys to jewelry. It’s so fun to walk down and peruse the booths and then get some grub. They always have different foods that we love trying. Every year my boys beg me to buy caramel corn for them at one of the booths. It’s the best caramel corn ever. I decided I had to try to make my own and man, did my family love it!
Quick & Easy Caramel Cashew Popcorn Snack
- 10 cups popped popcorn I used almost 2 bags popped light popcorn
- 1 cup cashews coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Butter (or spray with cooking spray) a large rimmed cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Pop popcorn and measure out into a large bowl. Add cashews and toss to combine.
- In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter, salt and water to a boil, stirring constantly. Drizzle over popcorn and quickly stir to combine.
- Spread popcorn evenly on prepared cookie sheet. Bake, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, about 40 minutes. Transfer onto wax paper to let cool. Enjoy!