A healthy dip made using cannellini beans. Light and delicious! (Also vegetarian and gluten-free!)
Merry day after Christmas! Did Santa treat you well this holiday?
On Christmas Eve, I made a huge dinner and ate way too much. I made ham, potato casserole, homemade rolls, brown sugar glazed carrots, and frog eye fruit salad. I think we’re going to have leftovers for days. It was so much food.
Christmas Day was fabulous. Not only did we get lots of cool presents, but our weather was beautiful. It was 80 degrees in Los Angeles! So of course we spent our Christmas at the beach.
We went for a long bike ride down the boardwalk and then played in the sand for awhile. It was perfect. I was raised in Arizona so I’m not sure what I would do if I lived in climates that have regular snowy seasons. I like it hot. 😉
I wanted to bring something with me to the beach to snack on. Something light that wouldn’t weigh me down so I whipped up some of this white bean dip.
I love cannellini beans (aka white beans) and rosemary is one of my favorite herbs. Together, they are a lovely combo. With a little sprinkle of red pepper flakes, this is a delicious and healthy dip you will love to snack on!
Now, I’m off to go clean my house. It looks like a Christmas bomb exploded in here!
- 1 can (15-oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- ⅛-1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer to a small bowl and serve alongside crackers, veggie chips or vegetable sticks. Enjoy!