Individual cups with five layers of Jell-o makes for a really cute treat! They’re perfect to serve at a party, baby shower, or just for fun as an after-school snack or with dinner! Anywhere you serve them, these Layered Jell-o Cups are sure to be a hit!
Oh, how I love me some Jell-o! I grew up eating it on a regular basis. At least once a week we ate some sort of Jell-o concoction and it was always my favorite part of dinner. What’s not to love, right?! It’s jiggly, colorful and tastes great! My boys love when I make it for them. In fact, when they saw these cute little guys in the fridge, my 9 year old did a happy dance! I served them with dinner and they were devoured.
My mom used to make that awesome layered rainbow salad with all the colors of Jell-o and a white layer in between each color. This is similar to that but I used one color instead of multiple. I also added gelatin to each layer so they firm up quickly in the fridge. I love that you can switch up the colors in this to whatever flavor you like. And I love that it’s in a plastic cup! Perfect for little kids. These Layered Jell-o Cups taste great and your family will love them!
Layered Jell-o Cups
- 3 3-oz packages flavored Jell-o, any color/flavor you like (I used sugar-free)
- 4 1-oz packages unflavored gelatin, divided
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 4 1/2 cups boiling water divided
- 1 container lite Cool Whip for serving
- 6 9-oz clear cups
- For colored layer: Combine 1 package flavored Jell-o with half a package unflavored gelatin in a small heat proof bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water and stir until dissolved. Let stand until cooled to room temperature, then divide among the 6 cups. Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes.
- For white layer: Mix 1 can of sweetened condensed milk with 1 cup boiling water in a small heat proof bowl. In another small heat-proof bowl, add 1/2 cup cold water. Sprinkle 2 packages unflavored gelatin over cold water and let stand for a few minutes. Now add 1/2 cup boiling water and stir until dissolved. Add that gelatin mixture to the milk mixture and stir to combine. Cool to room temperature and divide half of the milk mixture among the cups. Refrigerate cups until set, about 15 minutes. (Save the other half for the second white layer)
- Repeat colored layer instructions (Step #1), layering with the remaining half of the white (milk) layer. Repeat until there are 3 layers of the colored layer and 2 layers of the white layer. Refrigerate until set. Top with Cool Whip and serve. Enjoy!
I have 4 boys too and these deifinitely look like something they would all enjoy! Thanks for the great recipe! ~Devin
Mallory @ Classy Clutter says
YUM! This looks amazing sis!!!! I’d love to try this!!!
You are right! Great minds do think alike! Love this version as well.
My son loves Jello, so I’m sure he would be pumped if I made your layered version. Thanks for sharing this! Pinned! =)
Heather Whoneedsacape says
This is so cute! My kids would LOVE it! Saw you at Dessert Now dinner Later 🙂
Would love to invite you to link up to Super Sunday at Who Needs a Cape! And while you are there – don’t forget to sign up for the lunch box give away! http://whoneedsacape.com/2013/08/super-sunday-link-party-10/
Lisa Steele says
Wow! Yum! I found you through Strut your Stuff..I would love for you to come share at our From the Farm Blog Hop!
Fresh Eggs Daily
Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater! says
I have always wondered about the white layer of jello. Sweetened condensed milk jello. Cool! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #25!
~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
I’d do a happy dance if I saw these in my fridge too! So cute!
Miz Helen says
Your dessert cups are so attractive and just looks at those perfect layers. I love Jello so this will be a great dessert for me. Thank you so much for sharing your delicious recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
Have a great weekend!
What a treat this is. No wonder this was devoured!
Michelle Rushing Hilton says
These are so pretty! I love that it has sweetened condensed milk in it because I think I could drink it by itself if I didn’t think that would be a really unhealthy thing to do. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!
Lady Gourmet says
Dear Jen, These Jell-O cups are so pretty…they sound like a delicious treat. Blessings, Catherine xo
Betty Carlson says
Am I reading this correct? For each Jello layer I use 1 pkg Jello and 1/2 pkg unflavored gelatin with only 1 cup water for each layer?
Each red layer uses 1 package of Jello, spread around the 6 cups. The white layer is in step number two, which is split in half to make the two white layers. So you only make the white mixture one time and you make step number one three times. Does that make sense?
Need clarification with preparing the white layer. I am using knox gelatin 28 gms/1oz per package When you say sprinkle 2 package of gelatin, that means 2 oz?
Yep! That means 2 ounces, so 2 of those packages. Let me know if you have any other questions!
I also grew up with Jello desserts and I love them. This recipe is going to be so good this afternoon. Reminds me of the old Jello product called Jello 123! Thanks for the recipe.
Can you use a jello vanilla pudding mix in place of the unflavored gelatin and condensed milk mix? I was just curious if it would work (and hold the jello layer on top after it sets) or if the plain gelatin and condensed milk mix is a thicker and would be necessary … thank you 😉 looks delicious!
Hi Britt! I don’t think Jello pudding would work for this because it wouldn’t fully set up. The plain gelatin thickens up so you can layer them. I hope this helps!
Layered Jell-o Cups It looks very delicious Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I would love to try this for my daughter’s party would it just a different color of jello everytime after the white?
Hi there! Honestly, use this recipe: https://www.yummyhealthyeasy.com/rainbow-jello-cups/
It’s more time consuming but way cute and they taste amazing! I grew up with my mom making it for special occasions. Your daughter will love it!
making these for the first time and me and my daughter are looking so forward to them! many thanks for these delicious looking xmas desserts, were having them with gingerbread icecream, love them.