Lemon Green Beans Amandine – an easy and delicious vegetable side dish!
I hate coming up with new side dishes at dinnertime. I tend to make the same things over and over. I’m guilty of just steaming a veggie and calling it a day. But these green beans are not your typical side dish.
Foodie question: have you heard of/had green beans amandine? Amandine just means that a dish is garnished with almonds. I am a HUGE almond fan. I love adding them to just about everything – from oatmeal for breakfast to salmon at dinner. Everything is better with almonds!
We just moved into a new house a few months ago and we have a lemon tree in our new backyard – YAY! I have lemons coming out of my eyeballs now.
A little lemon zest and some lemon juice brings the best flavor out in these green beans. It gives them a zippy lemony flavor that makes this side dish something special. You need this side dish on your holiday table!
Lemon Green Beans Amandine
- 16- oz 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- zest from one lemon
- Cook trimmed green beans in boiling water for 10-15 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- While beans are cooking, melt butter over medium heat and add in almonds. Stir until almonds are golden brown. Pull off heat and stir in salt, pepper, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir to blend.
- Drain cooked beans well and toss in almond mixture. Serve alongside your favorite main dish. Enjoy!
Check out these other delicious side dish ideas:
This recipe was originally posted on Lil Luna on October 25, 2014