Today is a big day. Today, I’m celebrating (a very pregnant) friend who blogs about amazing recipes. Today is Cathy from Lemon Tree Dwelling’s SURPRISE baby shower!!
Surprise, Cathy!! We super big fluffy heart you with whipped cream and a cherry!! 🙂
I have been blog buds with Cathy for awhile. I was first introduced to her in a Facebook group we both belonged to. When I became short a host in my weekly link party, I knew Cathy would be the perfect person to fill the spot.
I’m always so amazed by the recipes she makes and her gorgeous food photography. She does it all while maintaining a family at home with three little girls – soon to be FOUR little girls!!!
Her world is the complete opposite of my four boys but we share so many similarities that I feel a kindred friend in her.
It’s pretty obvious when you hear the title of Cathy’s blog, that she loves lemons. Lemon treats, mostly. I’m not going to lie, up until recently, I never liked lemon desserts!
About 3 months ago, I was in Arizona visiting my family. My sister took me to get lunch at a sandwich shop and insisted I try a lemon bar. I was totally against it. I’ve always hated lemon stuff. Lemon meringue, lemon bars, lemon pie – you name it – hated it. But she said I HAD to try it because it was the BEST.
Guys. It was amazing. The heavens opened and angels rejoiced. I’m converted!!!
I just knew a lemon dessert would be the perfect treat to share for Cathy’s shower! This lemon cake is absolutely wonderful. It’s soft, decadent and moist. It’s made using Greek yogurt but is also soaked with a lemon-sugar mixture so it’s extra moist and extra lemony. Add a little glaze on the top and you are in lemon heaven.
I hope you enjoy this cake, Cathy!! I’m super excited for you and your soon-to-be new daughter! Congratulations!
Lemon Yogurt Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Truvia or 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- zest from 2 lemons
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted (or canola oil)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. Truvia or1/3 cup granulated sugar
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, combine yogurt, Truvia, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Stir to combine. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture. Fold in coconut oil. Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While that's cooking, heat lemon juice and Truvia in a small saucepan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture turns clear. Set aside to cool.
- When cake is finished, let cool for 5 minutes. Poke the top of cake with toothpick several times and then pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the top of the cake. Set aside and let cool.
- When cake is cool and lemon-sugar mixture is all soaked in, lightly turn pan and gently remove cake onto a plate.
- Mix some powdered sugar in with a little bit of water and stir. Lightly drizzle over cake. Tastes great without the glaze! Cut into slices and serve. Enjoy!
Check out what the other baby shower guests made:
Lemon Raspberry Cookie Sandwiches by Life Love and Sugar Blueberry Buttermilk Coffee Cake by Your Homebased Mom Lemon Yogurt Cake by Yummy Healthy Easy Orange-Raspberry Mini Toaster Strudels by Chelsea’s Messy Apron Orange Dream Monkey Bread by Wine and Glue Strawberry Shortcake Kebabs by Or So She Says Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake by Beyond Frosting Strawberries and Cream Cheese Ball Bites by Five Heart Home Pig Pickin’ Cake by Sugar Dish Me Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Skillet Cookie by Lemons for Lulu Creamy Shrimp Dip by Mostly Homemade Mom Salted Butterscotch Coffee Cake by Julie’s Eats and Treats Strawberry Cake by The NY Melrose Family Frozen Chocolate S’mores Ice Cream Pie by Pink When Carrot Cream Cheese Swirl Loaf by Spoonful of Flavor Fiesta Rice Skillet by The Grant Life Raspberry Ripple Lemon Bundt Cake by Love Bakes Good Cakes Ooey Gooey Orange Creamsicle Bars by The Gunny Sack Mixed Berries with Honey Maple Mascarpone by Joyful Healthy Eats Rosewater Almond Macaroons by Little Miss Celebration Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes by Crazy for Crust Momosas Mocktail Recipe by The Weary Chef