Lemon Yogurt Cake
I’m not going to lie, up until recently, I never liked lemon desserts.
I’m weird, right?
About 3 months ago, I was in Arizona visiting my family. My sister took me to get lunch at a sandwich shop and insisted I try a lemon bar. I was totally against it.
I’ve always hated lemon stuff. Lemon meringue, lemon bars, lemon pie – you name it – hated it. But she said I HAD to try it because it was the BEST.
Guys. It was amazing. The heavens opened and angels rejoiced. I’m converted!!!
This lemon cake is absolutely wonderful. It’s soft, decadent and moist. It’s made using Greek yogurt but is also soaked with a lemon-sugar mixture so it’s extra moist and extra lemony. Add a little glaze on the top and you are in lemon heaven.
Don’t forget to sign up for my exclusive secrets – 5 Secrets to Yummy & Healthy!
Click HERE to join!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Truvia or 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- zest from 2 lemons
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted (or canola oil)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. Truvia or1/3 cup granulated sugar
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, combine yogurt, Truvia, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Stir to combine. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture. Fold in coconut oil. Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While that's cooking, heat lemon juice and Truvia in a small saucepan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture turns clear. Set aside to cool.
- When cake is finished, let cool for 5 minutes. Poke the top of cake with toothpick several times and then pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the top of the cake. Set aside and let cool.
- When cake is cool and lemon-sugar mixture is all soaked in, lightly turn pan and gently remove cake onto a plate.
- Mix some powdered sugar in with a little bit of water and stir. Lightly drizzle over cake. Tastes great without the glaze! Cut into slices and serve. Enjoy!