I have memories of my older brother Shawn, making these cookies for my family growing up. He’s three years older than me and he went through this phase as a teenager where he was obsessed with baking. He always had to make the most elaborate or just different recipes and then take a picture of his masterpiece when he was finished. I wonder what happened to all of those pictures… Now he’s in medical school and just took his boards this week, go Shawn! And now I’m the one making crazy things and taking pictures of them, lol!
Anyway, this recipe is from ‘Mrs. Fields Best Ever Cookie Book’ and it seriously is the best cookie cookbook out there! Mrs. Fields knows her stuff. These cookies are rich and decadent and the marshmallow centers are gooey and delicious. They’re super fun to make especially if you have kids that like to help!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 12 ounces mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces mini marshmallows, frozen
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Until you are ready to assemble the cookies, leave the marshmallows in the freezer – they’re way easier to work with frozen.
2) In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda and set aside.
3) Combine sugars in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, blend in butter, scraping down the sides of the bowl . Add eggs and vanilla and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
4) Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips and blend at low speed until combined. Batter will be very stiff (see picture below):
5) Gather 4 or 5 frozen marshmallows in the palm of your hand and cover them with a heaping tablespoon of dough. Wrap the dough around the marshmallows, completely encasing them and making a 2-inch-diameter dough ball.
Serious deliciousness right here! If you liked this recipe, PIN it and make sure to follow me (via GFC) on the right hand side–> to see what I cook up next! I’m also on PINTEREST and FACEBOOK too! Thanks!
Friday Flair, Flaunt it Friday, Frugal Friday, Friday Fun Party, Fantabulous Friday, Pity Party, Weekend Wrap-Up Party, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Spotlight Saturday, Tuesday Talent Show, Tasty Tuesday, Tip Me Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Uncommonly Yours, Cast Party Wednesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, We Did It Wednesday, Your Whims Wednesday, Look What I Made!, From Dream to Reality, Tastetastic Thursday, Sweet Treats & Swanky Stuff, Frugal Food Thursday, Hookin Up with HoH, Show Off Your Stuff,Strut Your Stuff, Tickled Pink at 504Main, Foodie Friday, Sweets for a Saturday, Crazy Sweet Tuesday, Full Plate Thursday,