I do not have a green thumb. Sadly, I kill almost everything I plant. 🙁
My sister Holly, is the complete opposite. Every year she plants a garden and it ALWAYS does well. I’m a teensy bit jealous. Her tomatoes are the bomb.
I grabbed this salsa recipe from her last week and made it for my family. It is SO GOOD and took all of one minute to make. And then one minute for my family to gobble it down!! I threw all the ingredients into my blender and served with those yummy On The Border chips. It has just a hint of heat from the jalapenos but you can always add more to make it hotter. I used tomatoes from the grocery store but if you have a green thumb like Holly, you can use tomatoes from your garden. 😉
Easy Salsa: (recipe from my sister Holly)
- 2 jalapenos, seeded
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 (4-oz) can diced green chilies
- handful of cilantro
- 3 stalks green onion
- 1 (14.5-oz) can Mexican stewed tomatoes (super important they’re Mexican stewed because it gives the best flavor)
- 3 or 4 fresh tomatoes, seeded out and chopped
1) Put your jalapenos into your blender or food processor and blend for a few seconds. Add salt, chilies, cilantro and green onions and blend it for a few seconds.
2) Add Mexican stewed tomatoes and chopped fresh tomatoes and blend until desired consistency and thickness.
3) Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and ENJOY!!