This Mini Cherry Cobbler Recipe makes four individual sized cherry cobblers. It’s easy to make and is an impressive dessert, especially for summer! (Thanks to Truvía® for sponsoring this post)
TGIF, friends! This week went by fast. Actually, this month has gone by fast.
Summer days seem to just ease by. Our weather is getting warmer and the June gloom has come and gone. The days are longer, too. Not sure if you’ve noticed but the summer fruit hitting the farmer’s markets and grocery stores is ah-mazing.
I think I fill up about half of my grocery cart every Saturday with fresh fruits and veggies. Sometimes when I have extra fruit that my kids haven’t sneaked off and eaten, I make fun little desserts. Like strawberry & yogurt popsicles, tropical chia pudding cups, or fruit salsa with cinnamon chips to dip. It makes me feel good knowing my kids are at least getting a serving of fruit in with their dessert! 😉
Father’s Day is this weekend…did you get your dad/husband/man in your life anything? I usually mail my dad a funny card and a gift card to either Home Depot or Red Lobster. This year it was Red Lobster (or as we like to call it Red Slobster. Haha, we’re so funny 😉 )
My father in law is getting a fun group gift from all the siblings in my husband’s family. Group gifts are the best. Pile all your money together to get something extra good! And my husband? Well, he’s getting a gourmet meal from yours truly, of course! And Mini Cobblers for dessert.
This cherry cobbler recipe is so simple. You don’t even have to stir it at all before baking! It’s just three layers of goodness poured right on top of each other and then baked. One less spoon to wash!
The baked cherries are soft and full of flavor. The cobbler portion is so moist and buttery – it gets saturated by all that yummy cherry juice on the bottom. Using Truvia Baking Blend definitely cuts the calories and sugar content. That’s why I love using Truvia products in all of my baked goods!
I love the fact that it’s in individual little ramekins so you have automatic portion control. Because if it wasn’t in individual containers, I would eat the entire batch! Honestly, it’s such a delicious dessert that will go over perfectly on Father’s Day or any other day!
Mini Cherry Cobbler Recipe
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter divided
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pitted & halved cherries
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1/2 Tbsp. white whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In four ramekins, place 1 Tbsp. butter. Place the ramekins on a cookie sheet and place in preheating oven for about 5 minutes, or until the butter is melted.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together the next ingredients: flour through vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into each cup of melted butter. Do NOT stir!
- Mix together pitted and halved cherries with 1/4 cup Truvia and 1/2 Tbsp. white whole wheat flour (depending on how sweet your cherries are, you may need more or less Truvia to sweeten).
- Top each batter filled cup with a fourth of the cherry mixture. Again, do NOT stir.
- Bake in preheated oven (with ramekins on the cookie sheet) for 40-45 minutes, until the cake part is cooked through and the top is golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream, ice cream or alone and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might like these recipes too:
Easy Peach & Blueberry Cobbler
Delicious! I’m gonna try this cobbler recipe. The photos were very enticing that’s why it made me curious to see this recipe.
I love cherries! This cobbler looks so yummy!
Looks so yummy! 🙂