Easy turkey skillet recipe, all cooked in one pot. The quickest, easiest dinner you will ever make!
I love my mom. I call her several times a week. Usually just to chat but many times to vent (sorry mom!).
My life feels chaotic right now. I’m a mom to four boys, ages 13 to 3 and I have a husband with a job that keeps him at the office for most hours of the day. We’re talking 5am to 8pm. I have two boys that play sports and take instrument lessons, have homework and projects, and two little ones that need me a lot. I’m in the car all day long (or at least it feels that way…).
Many times I call my mom just to complain about how hard life can be, but also to ask for her opinions on things. She always has great advice for me. I usually feel guilty when I hang up with her because I feel like I’ve only talked about myself for the hour that we’ve been on the phone. I also feel grateful, because I have her in my life. Love ya Mom!
One of the pieces of advice my mom gives me often, is to simplify. She always tells me to cut corners where I can.
One of the easy areas to cut corners, is dinner time. I will admit, even as a food blogger, dinner time stresses me out. She tells me to just “make it easy” on myself. Well, lately with baseball season starting, I’ve been taking that advice and just simplifying my dinner menu.
This turkey skillet recipe is the epitome of taking it easy in the kitchen. It’s simple and quick to prepare but tastes like you’ve been slow cooking it in the skillet for hours. It’s flavorful, healthy, and an all around must try recipe for dinner! Take a night off, and make this turkey skillet for dinner tonight!
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 cups chopped onion (about 1 medium sized)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (10.75-oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4-oz) can chopped green chiles
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- crushed corn or tortilla chips
- chopped cilantro, for serving
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, crumble ground turkey into skillet. Add in chopped onion and garlic. Cook until turkey is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- Stir in rice, soup, chiles and broth. Heat through. Stir in cheese, reserving some for topping.
- Scoop into bowls and sprinkle a little extra cheese on top and then some crushed chips and cilantro. Serve and enjoy!