Delicious Pizza Rolls served with a refreshing Capri Sun! 20 minute summertime lunch, dinner or snack idea! Sometimes I’m the cool mom. The stars align and I get mad props for being the “best mom EVER!!” Most of the time this happens when I make a great purchase at the grocery store. When I bring home my weekly boxes of Capri Sun Juice Drinks, my boys get so excited! See these two little mugs below? Yep. Happily slurping down their favorite Capri Sun products! Now that school’s out, the kids are home all day, and summer is in full swing – it’s time to get creative. I have four boys that are always hungry. Coming up with new and exciting dinner, lunch and snack ideas can be frustrating, especially with a couple picky eaters. One thing all four of my boys love (and most kids adore) is pizza! Check out this cool new twist on pizza: pizza rolls! Take your refrigerated pizza dough, cut it into triangles, slather with a bit of pizza sauce, a pepperoni, and a piece of a mozzarella cheese stick. Roll up crescent-style, tuck in the edges and bake. 20 minutes from start and finish, people! The result? Cheesy pizza bites your kids will love! The best part about it is, the kids don’t even need silverware! Grab a pizza roll and a Capri Sun and they’re back out the door playing! Summertime is one of my favorite times of the year because there’s no schedule. We do whatever we want, when we want! My kids are usually in and out of the house all day long, jumping on the trampoline or playing with cars in the dirt. 😉 I can sit outside in my comfy chair and watch them with my feet propped up. Then when it’s snack time or dinner time, I can quickly whip up a batch of these pizza rolls and set them out with some cold Capri Sun pouches so the kids can grab them as they come and go. Sounds like a perfect summer day to me! I kid you not when I say I buy two boxes of Capri Sun juice drinks every. single. week. My kids adore these little pouches, and so do their friends when they have them over (that’s just about all the time, lol!). There are four wholesome varieties:
- Capri Sun Juice Drink
- Capri Sun Roarin’ Waters Flavored Water Beverage
- Capri Sun 100% Juice
- Capri Sun Super V Fruit and Vegetable Juice Drink
We have tried and love all four of the varieties! The best part about Capri Sun juice drinks, is that they have no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. That makes me feel good about giving my kids a Capri Sun. They love it!
In 2012, Capri Sun invested in creating a new box for Capri Sun pouches, remaking their boxes with paperboard instead of cardboard. This change resulted in a 30 million pound reduction in packaging in 2012! And since 2008, more than 200 million Capri Sun pouches have been collected through Capri Sun’s partnership with TerraCycle and recycled and upcycled into durable goods! How cool is that?!
I love the Capri Sun packaging. Personally, I prefer the light, square shape of the pouches versus bulky juice boxes. My kids are pros at putting the straws in all by themselves, too. Capri Sun also just came out with new clear bottoms on the juice pouches so you can see all the yummy goodness inside the pouch! Capri Sun Juice Drinks have no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives – making them good for moms and awesome for kids! Pair them with a couple pizza rolls, and your summer is complete! Pizza Rolls and Capri Sun juice drink pouches – the perfect summer lunch, dinner or snack!
- 1 13.8-oz package Pillsbury pizza dough
- 5 mozzarella cheese sticks each stick cut into thirds
- 15 pepperoni
- pizza or marinara sauce about 1 tsp. per roll plus extra for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Lay out pizza dough on non-stick surface and roll out with rolling pin to make even. With dough horizontally, use a pizza cutter to cut dough into 3 even sections. Then cut each three sections into 5 triangles.
- Place about a teaspoon of pizza sauce in the middle of each triangle. Then place a pepperoni on top of that. Lay a third of a mozzarella stick on top of the pepperoni.
- Roll up like a crescent roll, from wide edge to pointed edge. Then tuck in ends to make into a little enclosed package. Place on the prepared cookie sheet and repeat until all pizza rolls are made.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until dough is cooked through and golden brown. Serve with a Capri Sun juice drink and enjoy! 🙂
Kids of all ages are a fan of this yummy combo, even pre-teens. 😉 Follow Capri Sun on Facebook and then let me know what your favorite family summertime activities are in the comments below!