This Quick & Easy Chicken Fajitas Recipe is not only simple, but is healthy and tastes great! The clean up is a breeze, too. My kids love this easy dinner!
I’m not sure what it is lately, but I have been dreading dinnertime. My brain is so jumbled by things by the end of the day that I can’t even begin to think about what to make. And then I have kids pulling on me, whining and telling me they’re hungry and “when’s dinner?”. So yeah, I dread 6pm.
If you’re like me, then you’re in luck today. This chicken fajitas recipe is one of my family’s all-time favorite dinners. They are requested all the time. My boys get so excited when they know I’m making them. The best part is they are super easy to make, healthy and absolutely delicious!
All you do is halve and slice up three bell peppers. I like to use red, yellow, and orange. Then halve a red onion and slice the same way as the peppers. Thinly slice three garlic cloves and then toss all together on a foil-lined baking sheet with a little olive oil and salt and pepper.
Lay out some thin chicken cutlets on another foil lined baking sheet. Rub with a little olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and chili powder and place both sheets in the oven for about 20 minutes. Slice up the cooked chicken and put it all together on tortillas and voila! Dinner is served!
Not only is this dinner simple, but it tastes great. The clean up is a breeze, too. Every one of my boys will eat these fajitas – and that’s saying a lot! They are delicious!
Quick & Easy Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 3 bell peppers halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion halved and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil divided
- salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast cutlets or tenders
- 1-2 tsp. chili powder
- warm flour tortillas
- Heat oven to 425º F. Line two baking sheets with tin foil.
- Toss sliced bell peppers, onions and garlic with one tablespoon olive oil on one of the foil lined cookie sheets. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven.
- Place chicken breasts on the other foil lined cookie sheet. Rub with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper then sprinkle with chili powder. Place in oven below peppers. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees and juices run clear. Peppers and onions will be lightly browned on the edges and tender.
- Slice chicken breasts and serve with pepper mixture on tortillas with your favorite fajita toppings. Enjoy!
Looking for more easy dinner ideas? Check these out too:
This recipe was originally posted on I Heart Nap Time on April 24, 2014