My boys love pasta and this dish didn’t last long on our table. You have to try it! It’s super simple and cooks in under 30 minutes. Just cook your low carb pasta, adding in fresh broccoli florets for the last three minutes, then drain. Then toss both with a healthier (and simple) cheese sauce to make a delicious and comforting dinner. Try it tonight and let me know what you think!
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta I used Dreamfield's low carb
- 5 cups broccoli florets about 1 large head
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk divided
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. grated fresh parmesan cheese divided
- 2 Tbsp. reduced fat Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. During the last 3 minutes of cooking, add broccoli to pasta water; drain pasta and broccoli after the 3 minutes is up. Place pasta and broccoli in a large bowl.
- Combine milk and flour in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Cook for five minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Add 2 tablespoons Parmesan and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- Add cheese mixture to pasta mixture; toss. Serve in bowls and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. ENJOY!!
Classy Clutter says
This looks delicious!!
I totally need to try this! YUM!
I would LOVE for you to join my Link Up!
Christine Bell says
I’m totally making this soon! I’ve been looking for some healthier recipes. Thanks!
Christine @ idigpinterest.blogspot.com
[email protected]'s Recipe Box says
Um this looks amazing. I can’t wait to try it!
Homemaker Audition says
This looks so good and so easy! Can’t wait to try it. Pinned!
Pinning this!!! It will fit right in with my healthy journey that I am on!!!
So happy that I returned your sweet visit!!
Now following via bloglov, pinterest, GFC and Google+
Krista Low says
This looks fabulous! I love penne pasta and I love broccoli so this is a match made in heaven. One my picky little eaters will even appreciate. Thanks so much! I just pinned this to try out for dinner 🙂
Spatulas On Parade - Dawn says
Thanks for sharing with us at “In and Out of the Kitchen Link Up Party”
Miz Helen says
This Penne with Broccoli looks delicious and so light. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Marlys @ Thisand That says
So yummy.. Pinning it. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.
Raising Reagan says
Mmmm … I love penne! Now that it’s skinny I’ll have some more! LOL
Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. 🙂
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
Allyson Hirst says
I can’t wait to try this… Need to add it to my recipe box to try. Thanks, Jen!
~ Aly @ fitmomaly.blogspot.com
Jen, I want some… seriously… YUM!!!
Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality! I’m looking forward to see what you link up tomorrow evening!
Jeni IGOTTHISMARTHA says
This looks so delicious! I am pinning it right now!