My boys love pasta and this dish didn’t last long on our table. You have to try it! It’s super simple and cooks in under 30 minutes. Just cook your low carb pasta, adding in fresh broccoli florets for the last three minutes, then drain. Then toss both with a healthier (and simple) cheese sauce to make a delicious and comforting dinner. Try it tonight and let me know what you think!
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta I used Dreamfield's low carb
- 5 cups broccoli florets about 1 large head
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk divided
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. grated fresh parmesan cheese divided
- 2 Tbsp. reduced fat Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. During the last 3 minutes of cooking, add broccoli to pasta water; drain pasta and broccoli after the 3 minutes is up. Place pasta and broccoli in a large bowl.
- Combine milk and flour in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Cook for five minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Add 2 tablespoons Parmesan and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- Add cheese mixture to pasta mixture; toss. Serve in bowls and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. ENJOY!!