Chicken Parmesan Recipe gets skinny! This lightened up comfort food dish is super easy to make and made healthier by baking instead of frying. This recipe only requires a few simple ingredients and hardly any prep time. You need to add this to your weekly dinner rotation!
I’m super excited to be sharing one of my family’s favorite quick and easy dinners today! We LOVE chicken parmesan. It’s one of my favorite dinners to make when I have friends over for dinner because it looks so fancy but is incredibly easy to make.
My version of Chicken Parmesan is lighter on the calories, making it a Skinny Chicken Parmesan recipe. 🙂
The normal version of Chicken Parmesan is usually fried and topped with lots of sauce and cheese and served with spaghetti. I’ve been really trying eat better lately and have devoted myself to eating healthier dinners. I’ve lost three pounds so far, so I’d like to think it’s working! 🙂
My version of Chicken Parmesan uses lean chicken, pounded thin and then coated with a light bread crumb mixture. The chicken is then baked and topped with a little spaghetti sauce and cheese.
This recipe only requires a few simple ingredients and hardly any prep time! My two little boys like to help me make this. It’s a recipe everyone in the family can help make and enjoy eating, too!
Instead of the noodles, you can save calories by serving it with cooked spaghetti squash or a side salad. The chicken comes out tender, juicy and flavorful. You won’t even notice that it’s lower on the calories! This chicken dinner has become a staple in my house. I hope you give it a try!
- ½ cup dried bread crumbs
- ¼ cup refrigerated grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast filets
- your favorite marinara or spaghetti sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix together bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in a medium sized bowl.
- Beat egg in another medium sized bowl.
- Place chicken in between layers of plastic wrap and pound with mallet until about ¼" thick.
- Dip each chicken breast in egg and then dredge in bread crumbs. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Top each chicken breast with about 2 Tbsp. marinara sauce and about 2 Tbsp. mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 5-10 more minutes, until cheese is melted and sauce is warmed up.
- Serve with salad, spaghetti squash, or pasta. Enjoy!
Looking for more easy chicken dinner recipes? Try these:
Recipe originally shared by me as a contributor on Lil’ Luna, February 8th, 2016