Skinny Mini Mint Cheesecakes with an Oreo crust! This lighter mint cheesecake recipe is super easy to make and has less calories than a regular cheesecake (only 148 calories per cheesecake!) plus built-in portion control with the muffin size!
I wanted to share this recipe with you earlier but things have been so busy lately. When are they not, right?! I just got home on Sunday night from a trip to Utah to see my sister in law get married! It was such a wonderful wedding and reception. It’s refreshing to see newlyweds because it just makes me happy to see people I love being happy!
The weather was prefect and everything turned out great. My mother in law is amazing and even though she got really sick the day before, she made the cakes and food all from scratch. She used to cater and she had EIGHT kids, so she knows how to cook for a crowd!
The only bad thing about the trip was the drive. I wanted to fly but flights have gotten so dang expensive! It would have cost us $2,000 for all of us to fly. No thanks! Anyway, the drive was okay on the way there because we stopped in Vegas. Visiting Vegas with kids is tricky, but we had fun.
We did the trip home in one day and it was about 11 hours, which was pretty bad. My boys are troopers though and hardly complained at all! Now that I’m back home, I can finally share this fun recipe with you!
I’m a sucker for cute mini food!! Especially when it’s a cute mini treat I can make for a holiday! This Friday is St. Patrick’s Day and you have to try this Mini Mint Cheesecake Recipe! On a whim, I grabbed some Mint Oreos (impulse buy, for sure!) when I was grocery shopping. I have to hide anything like that because my boys will seriously eat them all.
Anyway, I decided to make Mini Cheesecakes with them but instead of the regular recipe, I’d swap mint extract for the vanilla and tint them a little green. Didn’t they come out so cute?
These are great to serve up on St. Patrick’s Day or any day, really! You only need one bowl and one muffin tin to make these. It seriously doesn’t get any easier!
I also love the fact that you use Greek yogurt and light cream cheese. It really makes them softer and lessens the calories. These little cuties only have 148 calories per cheesecake! Love these for a quick and easy portion-controlled dessert!
Skinny Mint Mini Cheesecake RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 12 Mint Oreo cookies
- 2 8-oz packages light cream cheese, softened
- 1 5.3-oz container plain, fat-free Greek yogurt Coupons
- ¼ cup Truvia Baking Blend or ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. mint extract
- 2 eggs
- few drops green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line each muffin tin with a cupcake liner. Place one Oreo cookie in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- In a mixing bowl with beaters, blend together cream cheese, Greek yogurt and sugar until thoroughly combined. Add in mint extract and mix.
- Add in eggs, one at a time until blended. Add a couple drops of green food coloring and mix.
- Using cookie scooper or spoon, scoop cream cheese mixture into the muffin tin, over the Oreo in the bottom.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Pull out of oven and place muffin tin on a cookie rack to cool.
- When cool, lightly take out of muffin tin and peel away the liner. Enjoy!