Slow Cooker BBQ Shredded Chicken Sandwiches – Throw 3 ingredients into the crock pot and in a few hours, you have tasty shredded chicken to serve on buns or rolls for dinner. Easy and delicious!
I love my crock pot. I’m always amazed at the awesomeness that comes out at dinnertime after throwing a few things inside in the morning.
This recipe is no different. Only three basic ingredients and a few hours of cooking time gives you juicy chicken breasts. Shred ’em up and place on buns and boom. Quick, easy dinner. Perfect for a busy day when cooking’s not an option.
Slow Cooker BBQ Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
- 3-4 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 14-oz bottle barbecue sauce (I love Sweet Baby Ray's!)
- hamburger buns or roll for serving
- Place chicken breasts into crock pot. In a bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken and give a quick stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or until cooked through. Before serving, pull chicken out of crock pot. Shred chicken with two forks and place back into crock pot. Stir to mix with sauce. Place shredded chicken in hamburger buns. Squeeze BBQ sauce on top, if desired. Enjoy!