Let the crock pot do all the work for these easy and amazingly delicious Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas!
I had the best birthday! If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I went whale watching on Sunday with my family. That’s something I’ve always wanted to do! I was thrilled when we saw a bunch of different whales and we were able to get right up near them! It was amazing.
Overall, the weekend was perfect. My husband and I stayed at a local hotel and enjoyed the Southern California weather at the pool and the beach, totally kid-free! We ate out at new restaurants and even saw a movie, Saving Mr. Banks. I loved it! Thanks mom for watching our boys!
For me, the hardest time of day is at about 5pm. I feel like everything collides and I end up having grumpy big kids and grumpy little kids, no husband home from work to help, and dinner that needs to be made all at the exact same time!
I try to plan my meals ahead of time so I’m not stressed over what to make when the time comes. These pork carnitas are one of the easiest meals you can make.
You can just throw all the ingredients into the crock pot. There’s no browning needed and just a little chopping needs to be done beforehand. Let it cook for 6-8 hours, shred the meat and place onto tortillas to serve. Easy peasy. Happy, full kids and happy mom that can get on with her stress-free night. And who doesn’t love tacos?!
Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- 1 3-4 lb. pork shoulder butt roast
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 4-oz cans green chilies
- 1 10-oz can green verde enchilada sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bunch green onions sliced or chopped
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- tortillas for serving
- toppings such as red onion, cilantro, tomatoes, etc.
- Place roast in a large crock pot. Sprinkle with cumin, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour the green chilies, green sauce and chicken broth around the roast. Add in the green onions and chopped cilantro.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast when tender and shred with two forks and return to slow cooker. Spoon about 2/3 cup meat onto tortillas and serve with toppings. Enjoy!