Quick Southwest Dip that’s perfect for whipping up when entertaining guests or to devour when watching your favorite TV show!
I was recently asked to make a recipe using California Dairy products, that would go with one of the Oscar nominated movies. Something fun that you could serve at an Oscars party.
I was stumped at first. I mean, I love movies and I love food… but trying to name food after a movie sounded hard! So I headed over to the Oscars site and started reading the names of the movies that were nominated for Best Picture and the actors that were nominated for Best Actor/Actress. The ideas started flowing.
I had about five ideas and narrowed those down to three and then ended up picking the recipe you see here. 🙂 Southwest Dip aka “Wild West Dip” – named for the movie Wild.
I think I’ve said a kajillion times how much I adore dips. I love dessert dips mostly but my husband is a huge chip and dip fan. I decided to combine all my favorite California Dairy products into one yummy dip and it turned out better than amazing!
My husband LOVED this. It has a creamy ranch taste but also has a southwestern taco flavor too. It’s filled with black beans, corn and cheese. If you’re a dip lover like I am, you have to try this dip recipe. So much flavor in one dip recipe. It’s the perfect snack to bring to your Oscars party! You will win the award for “Best Dip”. 😉
- 1 8-oz package light California Dairy cream cheese, softened
- 1 1-oz packet dry ranch dip mix
- 1/2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 16-oz container California Milk sour cream (I used reduced fat)
- 1 15.25-oz can corn, drained well
- 1 15-oz can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1/2 c. California Milk cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions sliced thin
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, ranch mix and taco seasoning until smooth.
- Add in sour cream and beat to combine.
- With a spoon, fold in corn, black beans, cheese and green onions.
- Eat right away with chips or refrigerate to let the flavors blend together. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love these too: