Corn Cake filled with sweet strawberry goodness! This Strawberry Skillet Corn Cake is super easy to make, with only a few ingredients and absolutely perfect to serve for brunch, dessert or a fun snack!
Happy National Strawberry Month!! May is National Strawberry Month – woohoo! I love strawberries! They’re one of the few fruits that everyone in my family will eat. Strawberries just make things better, you know?
I’m pretty sure my little skillets are one of the best things I’ve purchased for baking. I LOVE them! I’ve made dips, skillet cookies and now this awesome corn cake.
Corn cake is pretty similar to a corn bread but is a little sweeter. Adding strawberries just adds to that sweetness and flavor. It just changes up the texture so it’s not all dense cornbread.
Dipping that fork into a soft corn cake and grabbing a piece of strawberry in the process really makes me happy! 🙂 Pretty much anything with strawberries makes me happy!
Add a dollop or two of whipped cream and some sliced strawberries on the top and you got yourself a yummy brunch, dessert or fun snack!
If you like strawberry recipes as much as I do, scroll down to get the recipe for this awesome corn cake and then grab 28 more yummy strawberry recipes!!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal I used yellow
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 6 ounce container light strawberry yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola or coconut oil
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat over to 350ºF. Oil two 9" skillets with cooking oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, Truvia, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, toss chopped strawberries in 1/2 cup of the flour mixture.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk yogurt, oil and egg together. Stir the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture, until just combined.
- Fold in strawberries. Spoon strawberries into prepared skillets and place in preheated oven for 20-35 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
To celebrate National Strawberry Month, I’ve teamed up with some amazing bloggers to bring you 29+ AMAZING Strawberry Recipes!
11 AMAZING STRAWBERRY RECIPES…
- Non-Alcholic Frozen Strawberry Magaritas
- Strawberry Shortcake Skillet
- Strawberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- Strawberry Butter
- Strawberry Lassi Recipe
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- White Chocolate Strawberry Brownies
- Slow Cooker 4-Ingredient Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
- Strawberry Skillet Corn Cake
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dip
NOW 18 MORE DELICIOUS STRAWBERRY RECIPES FOR YOU TO ENJOY…
1. Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Rolls by Yummy Healthy Easy
2. Strawberry Spinach Salad w/Strawberry Dressing by Creations by Kara
3. Strawberry Pina Colada Smoothie by Like Mother Like Daughter
4. Chunky Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl by The Stay At Home Chef
5. Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream by Real Mom Kitchen
6. Strawberries & Cream Poke Cake by Butter With A Side of Bread
7. Strawberry Crumb Bars by The Baker Upstairs
8. Fresh Strawberry Lemonade by The Baker Upstairs
9. Strawberry Dump Cake by Yummy Healthy Easy
10. Candied Strawberries by Ashlee Marie
11. Strawberry Agua Fresca by Yummy Healthy Easy
12. Strawberry Shortcake by Jamie Cooks It Up!
13. Fresh Strawberry Sauce by The Baker Upstairs
14. Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins by Creations by Kara
15. Strawberry Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars by Like Mother Like Daughter
16. The BEST Strawberry Ice Cream EVER by Ashlee Marie
17. Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles by Yummy Healthy Easy
18. Strawberry Oatmeal Bars by Yummy Healthy Easy