This Easy Tortellini Pesto Salad will quickly become a family favorite side dish! Perfect for a summer BBQ or potluck.
This Tortellini Pesto Salad is super easy to make and has the most flavor! Full of tortellini pasta, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and pesto – you can’t go wrong with that favor combo!
I don’t usually eat pasta. Mainly because, well, carbs. But there are times when I’m absolutely craving a bowl of pasta. My family loves tortellini and pasta salads, so I merged the two and made this Tortellini Pesto Salad!
It’s full of colorful ingredients, which always makes me happy. The lovely combination of tortellini pasta, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and of course pesto, it’s a match made in heaven!
To make this Tortellini Pesto Salad even easier, I used pre-made tortellini (which I think tastes better) and pre-made pesto. Using these simple swaps makes this pasta salad just that much easier!
I made this salad for Father’s Day last weekend because I know how much my husband is a pasta salad fan. It makes a large amount and my family it all! This really is a delicious addition to any lunch or dinner. It’s also a perfect side dish for a BBQ or to bring to a potluck! I hope you like it as much as my family did!
- 2 (10-oz) bags refrigerated tortellini pasta, your favorite kind
- ¼ cup fresh mozzarella, diced into cubes
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup basil, sliced into ribbons
- ¼ cup prepared pesto, or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, or more as needed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare pasta as directed on packaging. Drain and rinse with cold water, set aside.
- Combine tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, pesto and olive oil. Mix to combine.
- Pour in pasta to pesto mixture and lightly toss, careful not to break tortellini. Add more pesto or olive oil as needed. Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
If you liked this pasta salad recipe, you might like these too:
For even more great ideas follow me on: