Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies are a family favorite cookie recipe we love! Plus 20 more awesome chocolate chip cookie recipes!
We’re celebrating today with a yummy dessert recipe, Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies because today is my son, Chance’s Birthday! He’s 12 today, officially a pre-teen. 🙂 What a sweet kid. So happy and loving. He started football this week and he even has practice tonight, on his Birthday. He wasn’t very excited about that, lol!
We had a Birthday party for him yesterday though, on his one day off. I took him and four friends to a racing place and dinner and then they had a sleep over. It was a lot of testosterone at my house!
It’s very fitting that his Birthday lands on National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day because he LOVES cookies. In fact, he’s recently been more interested in baking and almost every Sunday afternoon, he asks me if he can make cookies. I’m not sure if he likes the cookies or the dough more though, lol!
I have to admit that he’s a pretty good little baker. One of his favorite recipes is pudding chocolate chip cookies. These are seriously so delicious! And they’re easy to make, too.
I think what I love most about these pudding chocolate chip cookies is that the pudding gives it an almost butterscotch flavor. It adds a depth that normal chocolate chip cookies don’t have. I like when cookies are soft on the inside and have crunchy edges. These definitely fit the bill!
If you’re looking for a yummy homemade cookie recipe that’s easy to make but has a little extra something to make it more special, this is the recipe for you! These are a great dessert recipe to make any day of the week.
Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1-oz sugar-free, fat-free vanilla instant pudding (the small box)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the baking soda, baking powder, salt, dry pudding packet and flour. Set aside.
- In a large mixer, blend together both sugars and softened butter until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Add in flour mixture and blend until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Scoop onto cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for about 12-13 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and then carefully take off cookie sheet onto a cooling rack. Enjoy!