I sort of feel like a cop out, sharing this recipe with you. It’s literally so easy, it’s almost not a recipe. BUT it’s SO GOOD. Like, really, so. good.
If you like fresh fruit salads and the fresh flavors of lime and mint – you will be in heaven.
Did I mention this is for Mystery Dish? This month was hosted by Sarah from The Pajama Chef. She has the yummiest healthy recipes with a little sweet mixed in, too – just like YHE!
The ingredients she picked for this month were:
coffee (grounds or brewed)
infused or flavored olive oil
fresh herbs (any kind)
hot peppers (any kind)
Soooo… I don’t drink coffee, have never cooked (or even eaten) farro before, never tried infused or flavored oil, and can’t stand the heat of peppers (I’m a little bit of a baby, much to my husband’s chagrin).
So that leaves me with a fruit salad or a veggie salsa. I chose fruit!
I love the bounty of summer’s fruit. I live in California so I’m lucky to have pretty good produce year round. But summer fruit is the best.
Cherries are one of my favorite fruit to have in the fridge. At night, my husband and I will share a big bag of them while we watch our newest guilty pleasure, Breaking Bad.
O.M.G. I’m obsessed with that show! Almost finished the entire series and I just don’t know what I’ll do with myself when it’s over!! I need The Walking Dead to start back up again.
But currently, I’m obsessing over this fruit salad and it’s amazing flavor. Crisp watermelon, sweet cherries and tart blueberries in a sweet yet tangy mint-lime dressing. The perfect side dish for a warm summer day!
Watermelon Fruit Salad
- 4 cups seedless watermelon chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 2 cups sweet cherries pitted and halved (or quartered if really big)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. light agave nectar
- 2 tsp. fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp. lime zest
- Toss fresh fruit in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice, agave, mint and lime zest. Pour over fruit and toss to coat. Serve right away or place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Sprinkle with a little extra mint when serving, if desired.
Check out what my Mystery Dish buddies made this month:
- Watermelon Salsa – The Pajama Chef
- Farro Salad – Chez CateyLou
- Cherry Almond Coffee Cake – Two Happy Bellies
- Watermelon Fruit Salad with Mint Lime Dressing – Yummy Healthy Easy
- Toasted Almond Caramel Mocha Gelato – Culinary Couture Blog
- Cherry Galettes with Almond Sour Cream Crust – The Well Floured Kitchen
- Cherry Watermelon Granita – Joyful Healthy Eats
- Cherry Almond Mocha Smoothie – Baking a Moment
- Pepperoni Pasta Salad – I Want Crazy
- Almond Cherry Bars – I Dig Pinterest
- Cucumber Salsa – Weary Chef
- Cherry Almond Popsicles – Blahnik Baker
Check out the last three months of Mystery Dish recipes from YHE: