This Tamale Pie is the most amazing, easy, scrumptious dinner you can throw together. It’s a flavorful mixture of ground turkey and spices topped with a layer of cornbread. Such a yummy Mexican dinner recipe the whole family will love!
I’m super excited to share this Easy Tamale Pie Recipe today! It is the most amazing, easy dinner you can throw together last minute. It’s a flavorful mixture of ground turkey and spices topped with a layer of cornbread. Delish!
I remember being so excited for summer to start. Now that it’s almost over, I’m giddy with excitement! Can’t wait to get back on a normal schedule again! I’m ready for the kids to be gone a little during the day so I can miss them. Is that so bad?! 😉
I’ll still have my two little guys home with me during the day, which I do love. They crack me up so ridiculously much. Just today they started singing together out of nowhere in the bath tub – in unison: “Light ’em up up up, light ’em up up up, I’m on fiiiiiirrree!” and I just about died laughing. They are crazy and so much fun!
I’ve been counting down the days until I get to see my oldest. He comes back on Thursday – happy tears! It’s been a tough month but I made it through! My 9-year old has been pretty lonely without his bro here. Can’t wait to see him.
Almost immediately after he gets home, football season starts. My two older boys will practice Monday through Friday for 2 hours every day. That’s a whole freaking lot of football! I do love football season, but not the driving to and from. They’ll be at different fields for practice so I’ll be all over the place. And then school starts!
This Easy Tamale Pie Recipe is the most amazing, easy, scrumptious dinner you can throw together at a moments notice. It’s a flavorful mixture of ground turkey and spices topped with a layer of cornbread. So easy, you won’t even believe it! Such a yummy Mexican dinner recipe the whole family will love! 🙂
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ green bell pepper, diced (about ½ cup)
- ½ onion, diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies and spices
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 (8.5-oz) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 cup lowfat evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add in green pepper and onion. Cook until tender.
- Add in ground turkey and break up into small pieces. Sprinkle on salt and pepper. When turkey is no longer pink, add in tomatoes, chili powder and cumin. Let simmer, and prepare topping.
- For topping, combine corn muffin mix and evaporated milk. Stir together until combined.
- Pour turkey mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Top with corn muffin mix. Place in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cornbread is cooked through and turkey mixture is bubbling up and delish!
Still hungry? You’ll love these easy recipes, too!
For even more great ideas follow me on: