This is the most amazing Korean Beef Recipe that you only need a few ingredients to make. It’s so easy! Serve it over rice and you have dinner done in under 30 minutes!
(This post was previously posted on 2/20/2012 and has been updated with newer photos and content)
My kids love this dinner. It’s so great because they love it, it’s cheap and it is so easy to make.
Win-win all the way around.
This is the yummiest and easiest Korean Beef Recipe out there.
All you need is a few ingredients from your fridge and cupboard plus a pound of lean ground beef. It’s seriously the easiest.
Easy Korean Beef
Sweet Korean style ground beef served over a bed of rice. It's so easy and SO yummy!Print Pin Rate
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil or olive oil if you don't have sesame
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red peppers or more to desired spice level
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 green onions chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown the ground beef. Drain if necessary.
- Add garlic in to the ground beef and sesame (or olive) oil once the meat is cooked. Cook this until the garlic is fragrant and cooked through.
- Add the brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper and crushed red pepper. Simmer for a few minutes to fuse the flavors.
- Once everything is all cooked, serve this over cooked rice with green onions sprinkled over the top. Enjoy!
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @JenNikolaus or tag #YummyHealthyEasy!
Quick tip about ginger:
Buy a large piece of ginger, peel it, and cut it into 1/2″ pieces. Place the pieces in a freezable baggie and you’ll have it on hand for whatever recipe that needs it. It’s easy to cut frozen and this way you’ll never throw a ginger root that’s gone bad away.
Shelly Moroz says
Thanks for the recipe, I’m going to try it tonight
Made this tonight and its fast, easy and delicious. Definitely a keeper.
Alice McNulty says
I loved it!! I even got a compliment from husband and that say tons! Thank you!