And that's when I usually think: SLOPPY JOES!! It doesn't get much easier than a little ground beef (or turkey!) add in some spices and ketchup, throw it all in a crock pot and then in 4 - 6 hours you have an easy meal! I love serving mine on a whole wheat bun with a slice of cheese and a side of veggies. YUM!
(My new crock pot is hardly full with this recipe! Next time I'll double it since my kids LOVED it!)
Easy Crock Pot Sloppy Joes (adapted from The Happy Housewife)
- 1 pound ground beef (or turkey!)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion, about half an onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Brown ground beef or turkey. Add the meat and remaining ingredients to crockpot and cook on low for 4 - 6 hours. ENJOY!!