This delicious Brownie Bites Recipe is an easy brownie recipe that’s homemade and better for you! They have only 75 calories per serving and 4 Weight Watchers points.
If you’ve been watching your calories but still have a chocolate sweet tooth, you’ll love this Brownie Bites Recipe!
I had to admit I was a little skeptical about these healthy brownie bites. But I decided to give this recipe a go and I was quite surprised with how good they came out! Even my two older boys liked them! They’re more on the cake-like side and a little less sweet than traditional brownies.
If you’re having a chocolate craving, they’re really simple to prepare and make a loaf size pan (probably so people like me who have brownie addiction won’t eat an entire 9×13). 😉 One-eighth of the loaf pan is only 4 WW Points and 75 calories per serving.
They taste great!
Here’s how to make this easy Brownie Bites Recipe:
In a small saucepan, melt 2 Tbsp butter or margarine, remove from heat and stir in 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/4 cup cold water.
Then stir in 1/2 cup flour, 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder. Mix well and stir in 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts. I like to leave the walnuts out because I’m not a huge nut fan. You can add in some mini Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips if you’d like instead.
Spray the bottom of an 8x4x2 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and pour the mixture in. It’s pretty thick stuff so you need to spread it around to cover the bottom. Bake at 350 degree for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool thoroughly, remove from pan and cut into 8 bars and sift powdered sugar on the top. Yum!
Looking for more healthy ways to make brownies?
Some baking recipes use applesauce to replace the oil or butter, like these Skinny Chocolate Brownies. Did you know you can also use beans to replace oil or butter in brownie recipes?
You can also use diet soda to make healthy brownies! Give these Low Fat Diet Dr. Pepper Brownies a try soon! They will definitely surprise you!
Brownie Bites Recipe
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- In a small saucepan, melt margarine or butter. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, vanilla and water.
- Now stir in flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Mix well. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Spray the bottom of an 8x4x2 inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan and smooth out evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool thoroughly and cut into 8 bars.
- Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar. ENJOY!!
For even more great ideas follow me on: