I used to hate breakfast. I think it was mostly the thought of preparing something as soon as I woke up that killed the dream for me.
Um, and then I realized that cupcakes (aka muffins) are breakfast food!!! Booyah!
My fave fruit is probably peaches. You just can’t beat biting into a summer peach. They’re so juicy and delicious. Adding some into muffins? Even better.
These muffins are amazing. They’re soft and moist, and the peach flavor is awesome. Every time I make them, I lick the batter from the bowl. Literally.
You can substitute applesauce in place of the coconut oil/butter and if you’re not a huge peach fan, use berries in place of the peaches. My boys and husband love these and I hope you will too! They’re the perfect summer breakfast or treat!
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted butter OR applesauce, for lower fat
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp Truvia Baking Bend OR ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup peeled and diced peaches
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease cupcake pan or line with paper liners.
- Combine egg, butter (or applesauce), sugar, salt, cinnamon, lemon juice and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a small bowl. Alternate adding in flour mixture and milk to large mixing bowl, stirring until just blended. Fold in peaches.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes in preheated oven. Yummy when warm, enjoy!!
Need some more breakfast ideas? Check these out:
This post was originally published at Love and Laundry on July 23rd, 2013.