Baked Avocado Fries – yes I went there and so should YOU!! These are incredible! Dip them in a homemade garlic aioli and you’ll be in heaven. All dairy-free and delicious! (Thanks for sponsoring this post, Silk!)
Happy Wednesday friends! How’s your week going? We’ve been knee-deep in football practices, school, homework for all my boys and back-to-school nights.
OMG I despise the dreaded back-to-school nights!! I feel like you get all this information shoved at you that you already know.
I like going into the classrooms but I hate when the principal and all of the auxiliaries talk to you for two hours about the school and fundraising, etc. I’ve heard it all before!! I had one last week that I wrote about here but this week I have two. TWO. Two back-to-school nights. Sigh. This is why having four kids is not the greatest thing ever. 😉
Weekends are my jam. Even though we’re busy with the football games, errands, church obligations, etc. I love my weekends. Now that football season is officially IN, I love my weekends even that much more.
Since my boys play pop warner, I’m more motivated to watch NFL games with them. I’m still learning but I do like to watch the games on TV. I also love making yummy food to eat while we watch the games. Because of course, good food makes everything more fun!
When I was approached by Silk to create a football tailgating recipe that’s meatless and dairy-free, I was super excited. I love a good challenge. One thing came to mind – avocado fries. Yep, I jumped on the avocado fries bandwagon. And it’s a good thing because holy CRAP. These were amazing!! And then I dipped them in a super easy garlic aioli sauce and I was in heaven. Plus, they are all dairy-free!! Booyah!
Plant-based diets are a smart choice for you and the planet and can taste delicious. Join Silk and take the pledge to go Meatless on Monday Nights and you can score the ultimate game day room makeover! For more information, check out the Silk website for recipes and a chance to win such a great giveaway!
Baked Avocado Fries with Homemade Garlic Aioli
- 1 firm avocado
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Silk Soymilk
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. onion salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 slice white bread crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons Silk Soymilk
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon salt plus more if needed
- 1 dash white pepper
- Make the garlic aioli sauce first: Place bread, soy milk and garlic in food processor. Blend for 10 seconds or until mixture forms a paste Add egg yolks - blend until egg mixture is thick, about 10 seconds.
- Add olive oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, blending constantly after each addition until thick.
- Continue until all the oil has been used. Mixture should be thick.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper; blend a few seconds more to mix well.
- Refrigerate, until avocado fries are ready.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Pour flour into a small bowl. Combine egg white in another small bowl and whisk in Silk milk.
- Pour bread crumbs into a third bowl. Add in italian seasoning, onion and pepper.
- Cut the avocado in half. Slice each half into six slices. Using a spoon, gently spoon avocado slices out of each half.
- Gently press the avocado slices into flour to coat and shake off any excess flour. Dip into beaten egg and milk mixture and then press into bread crumb mixture.
- Place breaded avocado slices onto a baking sheet.
- Bake avocado in the preheated oven until fries are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Pull aioli out of refrigerator and serve with warm avocado fries. Enjoy!!
If you liked this recipe, you might like these too:
Avocado Chickpea Salad Sandwiches
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
[email protected] says
I saw a recipe for deep fried avocado fries years ago and have been wanting to play around with a baked version. This looks perfect!
How can raw egg yolks (in the sauce) be safe to eat?
Hi Kay! The aioli is just a homemade mayonnaise, which also has egg in it. If you’re concerned about salmonella or bacteria in raw eggs, use pasteurized whole eggs (available through some grocery stores). Or just skip the sauce altogether! Either way, the baked avocado fries are the star of this show and they’re delicious!