This unbelievable Best Ever Pasta Salad will be the hit of the picnic! Full of pasta, cheese, pepperoni, olives, veggies and topped with a homemade dressing – this will be an instant potluck favorite!
Get ready for the Best Ever Pasta Salad Recipe you’ll ever try! It even has a quick, homemade dressing! I’ll be honest, pasta salad is in zero of my childhood memories. My mom just never made it. No worries though, because I still got to eat plenty of delicious food growing up. 😉
When I was searching through a cookbook one day, I saw an interesting pasta salad recipe with homemade dressing. Over the next several months, I tried the recipe out, changing it every time until I felt like it was perfected.
There’s just something so comforting about a nice bowl of pasta salad with my lunch that makes my heart happy. I love this homemade dressing and that it doesn’t come from a bottle.
What’s not to love about a good pasta salad recipe? Unless you have a gluten intolerance, pasta is amazing. Add in cubed cheese, sliced olives, mini pepperonis, bell pepper, artichoke hearts and mushrooms and it makes the BEST pasta salad! I recently made this for a Cub Scout function for my boys and it was an absolute hit!
It makes a huge bowl and is the best the next day. I really hope you try it and like it as much as we do!
Best Ever Pasta Salad Recipe (with homemade dressing)
- 1 12-oz pkg. multi-colored rotini pasta
- 1 1 lb pkg. penne
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 8-oz package sliced mushrooms, halved
- 1 14.75-oz jar marinated artichokes, cut into thirds (save marinade for dressing)
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1 can black olives sliced
- 1 7-oz package sliced pepperonis, cut into fourths (or mini pepperonis)
- 12 oz cubed Colby jack cheese & Monterey Jack or other favorite cheese
- Reserved marinade from artichokes
- 3/4 c. olive oil
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. tarragon
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Cook and drain pasta, but do not rinse. Mix in a large bowl with pepper, mushrooms, artichokes, onions, olives, pepperonis and cheese cubes.
- In a large jar, mix marinade ingredients. Close top and shake well to incorporate. Pour over pasta/chopped vegetable mixture.
- Stir to combine. Great served at room temperature or straight from the refrigerator. Enjoy!