This Best Ever Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe is life changing! A pork butt is slow cooked in the oven, then shredded and put onto buns with BBQ sauce. Seriously so good and SO EASY!
Get ready for the BEST pulled pork sandwich you’ve ever had!! This tender pork is so flavorful and delicious. It’s perfect on a bun slathered with barbecue sauce!
My dad is one of the friendliest people I know. He’ll talk to any and everyone. He’s a custom home builder and has been able to make a lot of good friends from his business.
He was doing a remodel job for a client and came home one day and said that this client of his was known for making the best roasted pork butt recipe ever. So he got the recipe for it and my mom ended up making it that same week.
You guys! Holy cow, was is delicious! It’s one of those recipes that’s so super simple but tastes incredible. I’ve had this recipe for years, written on an index card titled “Pork Butt Roast”.
For the Super Bowl last week, I thought why not make that amazing Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe? The whole family loves it and it makes awesome leftovers.
As I was making the pulled pork, I thought why in the world have I not shared this recipe on my website yet? (It always surprises me that I make several recipes consistently and I never post them for some reason!)
Sooo…here I am today! Posting this amazing Best Ever Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe! In other words, you’re welcome. 😉
A couple things about this recipe:
- I use these Reynold’s Oven Baking Bags to put the pork in for the oven. The clean up is so easy and the meat always turns out perfect!
- I season the meat with Lawry’s Seasoned Salt. I just love that stuff so much! I find it the perfect blend for the pork butt.
- Top with Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce for a truly yummy Pulled Pork Sandwich!
- I like to broil the meat for a little bit after I shred the pork. It gives it such good color and flavor.
Overall, I absolutely love this recipe and love making all sorts of yummy things with the leftovers.
Recipes to try with leftover pulled pork:
I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does!
- 5 lb. pork butt roast, (shoulder not picnic)
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt, to taste
- Reynold's Oven Bag
- Hamburger Buns
- Barbecue Sauce
- Preheat oven to 275º F.
- Season pork butt roast liberally with Lawry's Seasoned Salt and salt and pepper. Place flour on the bottom of the oven bag. Place pork roast on top of the flour, fat side up and close up the bag.
- Cut a couple vents on the top of the bag. Place bag on a cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 6-8 hours, until fork tender.
- Shred the meat with two forks and either serve right away or place on a foil lined sheet pan and broil for a few minutes, until golden brown and a little crispy. Serve by itself or on rolls with barbecue sauce. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might like these Best Ever recipes too:
For even more great ideas follow me on: