If you love chicken wings, you have to try this Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe! This will be your new, go-to, favorite wing recipe from now on! They’re healthier, easy to make and only THREE ingredients needed!!
This Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe will blow you away! Only three ingredients and super quick and easy to make!
In December, my husband and I went to Vail, Colorado for a work trip. He got some snowboarding in and I got some work in. It was the perfect combination! We ate at some of the yummiest restaurants, too.
One restaurant we ended up visiting three times, it was that good. They had the best wings! I ended up asking the server to see if he could find out the recipe for the wings.
He told me he would ask and to my surprise, he came back and said the chef told him what the sauce was that was on the wings. You guys! It was a combination of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce! That’s it!
As soon as I got home, I ran to the store and grabbed some party wings, dusted off my brand new Cosori Air Fryer and got to work making an Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe! I’m new to the air fryer thing. Have you already bought one? You could totally make this in the oven too if you wanted.
Actually, my very first blog post was Oven Broiled Buffalo Wings way back in 2012! I made them for the Super Bowl and then decided to start a website and added that as my very first recipe. 🙂
My husband loves wings so much. I kind of dread the whole process of it though. I don’t have an oil fryer so I have to cook them in boiling water and then broil them. That seems like it’s just too much food babysitting.😜
This Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe is different. There are a few steps involved but the air fryer does all the heavy lifting.
Notes about this recipe:
- I actually made these a few different ways and times to see how they would turn out. Your preference of wing doneness really affects the cooking time. These pictures are of the first batch I made. They were delicious, however my husband likes his even more well done than this. I’ll share both recipe cook times in the recipe card just in case you want a more well done wing.
- I used the original Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue sauce and the original Frank’s Red Hot Sauce for the sauce on this Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe. I have not tried the other flavors with this recipe.
- We love our Cosori Air Fryer and highly recommend it. I’ve used it several times since I made this recipe and have loved everything I’ve made. Can’t wait to develop new recipes with it! Let me know if you have any specific recipes you’d like to see!
- 1.5 lbs. party wings
- ½ cup Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup Frank's Original Hot Sauce
- 1½ Tbsp. canola oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- For crispier skin: Preheat the air fryer per directions to 400ºF. While the air fryer is preheating, season wings with salt and pepper. Toss with the oil.
- Place coated chicken wings into preheated air fryer. Set timer for 15 minutes. When time is up, open up air fryer. Flip each wing and cook for 15 more minutes.
- While cooking, mix together the bbq sauce and hot sauce.
- Take wings out and toss in mixed sauce. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- For less crispier skin (as photos show): Preheat the air fryer per directions to 380ºF. While the air fryer is preheating, season wings with salt and pepper. Toss with the oil.
- Place coated chicken wings into preheated air fryer. Set timer for 20 minutes.
- While wings are cooking, mix together the bbq sauce and hot sauce.
- After the wings are done, take wings out. Toss in mixed sauce and cook for 5 more minutes.