The juiciest, most tender Brown Sugar Glazed Ham ever and it’s SO easy! Only a few simple ingredients to an incredible ham that will be a hit at your next holiday party! (Thanks to Truvía® for sponsoring this post!)
Happy Friday! Anyone else counting down the days until Thanksgiving? I’m so looking forward to a little break from the usual, mundane schedule and to seeing my family in Arizona! Hip hip, HOORAY! But also because… food. Give me all the food! 😉
To get you in the mood for the holidays, Truvía is hosting a virtual “Friendsgiving” celebration! You’ll be getting an appetizer, entree and dessert recipe all made with Truvia products that are perfect for your Thanksgiving (or Friendsgiving) feast!
The Wicked Noodle kicked off the party with an INCREDIBLE Baked Brie with Roasted Balsamic Cranberries appetizer. SO making it! I have the main dish, which is this tender Brown Sugar Glazed Ham recipe, and Julie’s Eats & Treats will be sharing a dessert recipe soon, which I’m sure will be amazing!
Have I told you lately how much I l-o-v-e Truvia products? I love baking with them and am so excited to be in my second year working with them, promoting a product I love.
Now, let’s talk ham! I’ve cooked ham before but I’ve always used the little bag of brown sugar glaze mix that comes with the ham. I decided to get out of my comfort zone a bit and make my own this time. (Also, because my ham didn’t come with a packet this time, haha!)
The glaze recipe is a mixture of Truvia Brown Sugar Blend, apricot preserves, dry mustard and a little water. That’s it! The ham slowly cooks in the oven for two hours and soaks in all that apricot and brown sugar flavor. It really makes a tender and juicy ham, with a bit of sweetness.
I know turkeys are usually the star of the Thanksgiving table, but maybe you need to add a ham to the table this year, too? 😉 Also, hams are great for Christmas Eve! (wink, wink)
Brown Sugar Glazed HamPrint Pin Rate
- 1 9-10 lb smoked/precooked ham
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. Truvia Brown Sugar Blend or 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 tsp. dried mustard powder
- 1 tsp. water
- Preheat your oven to 275ºF. Lay a large piece of tinfoil over rimmed baking sheet. Place your ham cut side down in the middle of the tinfoil.
- In a small bowl, combine Truvia, preserves, mustard and water. Stir to make glaze.
- Rub about half of the mixture on the outside of the ham. Cover completely with the foil. Place in oven and cook for 1.5 hours.
- When 1.5 hours is up, pull baking sheet out of oven and pull tinfoil off ham. Spread remaining half of glaze over ham and lightly cover with the foil. Bake for 20-30 minutes longer.
- Slice ham and serve. Enjoy!
Some yummy side dishes to go with the ham:
This is a sponsored post brought to you by Truvía® and as always all the opinions are my own. 🙂