Flavorful dairy-free whole wheat chocolate chip pumpkin pancakes are full of awesome fall flavors. My family ate all of these and I had to make a second batch! 🙂
I’m on a pancake kick right now. Did you see my Applesauce Pancakes I shared a couple weeks ago? SO. GOOD. My boys are all huge fans of pancakes. Especially when they involve chocolate chips. You can’t go wrong there, am I right?
When Silk asked me to come up with a fall inspired meat-free, dairy-free recipe using any of their yummy Silk Milk products, pancakes came first to my mind. Pumpkin pancakes, because of course fall = pumpkin. 😉 We ate these for dinner one night and then for breakfast another morning. They’re so simple to make and have a yummy pumpkin pie sort of flavor. The middle of each pancake is moist with chocolate chips throughout.
Drizzle some syrup over the top and BOOM. Best breakfast, dinner, brinner ever made! These aren’t only good during the fall/winter months, but all year long. They’re healthier than most pancakes (cue the white whole wheat flour and minimal oil) but they taste like they’re not healthy.
Adding Almond Silk milk gives these chocolate chip pumpkin pancakes such a great balanced flavor. My oldest isn’t a milk drinker. He will only drink Silk Almond Milk. I buy two cartons every week because we all love it. A few reasons why I love Silk Almondmilk:
• only 90 calories per serving
• 50% more calcium than dairy milk
• Excellent source of vitamin E
• Absolutely no cholesterol or saturated fat
• Free of dairy, soy, lactose, gluten, casein, egg and MSG
• Verified by the Non-GMO Project’s product verification program
• No artificial colors, flavors or funny business
Such a great product to have in your fridge! We love it and I hope you’ll try it too! If you head to Silk’s website, you can get a coupon for $1.00 off your next carton plus some fabulous recipes. Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pancakes are what you need for breakfast ASAP!
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar or 2 Tbsp. Truvia Brown Sugar Baking Blend
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1¼ cup Silk Almondmilk (I used Vanilla)
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp. canola or coconut oil
- ¼ cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life brand)
- Stir together the dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Add in egg, Silk milk, pumpkin and oil and beat with a whisk until combined. Add more Silk milk if batter seems too thick. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Heat griddle over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and pour about ¼ cup of batter onto griddle, spreading out to make circle shape.
- Carefully flip when pancake begins to brown. Serve with syrup and enjoy!
Craving more pancakes? Try these recipes too:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.