Chicken Broccoli Braid – crescent dough filled with a delicious mixture of chicken, broccoli, mayo and spices, all braided up into a fun braid. An easy dinner idea the whole family will love!
I am the queen of procrastinating.
If it’s going to cause me pain, hardship, money, or make my brain hurt – I put it off at all costs. Taxes totally fit into that category. OMG. I hate taxes!!
I haven’t been the most (ahem) organized person/blogger this last year, so pulling everything together, going through receipts, bank statements, etc just about killed me. Are you done with your taxes?
I’m also going to be out of town the next two weekends for blog events, which is so much fun but so much planning. With four kids in school, sports, etc., it’s obvious that it would take some time to plan.
But ask me what I did today. Go ahead, ask! I developed recipes! Anything fun that will take my mind off the important task at hand is what I’m doing!
I really do have a problem. 😉
Let’s not forget the dreaded 6pm “what’s for dinner, mom?” question. I’ve usually procrastinated that one too. Are you a dinner procrastinator?
If you are, I have the best recipe for you. This Chicken Broccoli Braid is so easy and looks like you spent forever on it. In fact, my husband took one look at it and said, “wow babe, that looks complicated.” I was like, “oh yeah, it totally was…can you do the dishes while I rest from my complicated masterpiece?”
I totally fooled him. 😉
But in reality, it’s easy and totally delicious. You can’t go wrong with chicken, broccoli, mayo and crescent rolls, am I right?! This Chicken Broccoli Braid will look and taste like a fancy dinner, without taking hardly any time and effort.
My boys gobbled this right up. No leftovers. That’s just the way I like it. After all, procrastinators hate dishes.
- 2 containers Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup cooked broccoli
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese
- ¾ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. italian seasoning
- 1 egg white, beaten
- slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine chicken, broccoli, cheese, mayo, salt, garlic powder and italian seasoning in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Spread out the two packages of crescent rolls on the parchment paper, putting one on top and one on the bottom to make a rectangle shape. Press the edges together to seal, smoothing out as best as you can.
- Spoon chicken and broccoli mixture down the middle of the rectangle.
- Cut horizontally across the crescent rolls in 1 inch strips and braid over filling, left side and then right, repeating until reaching the bottom. (See picture steps above)
- Brush top with egg white and sprinkle with slivered almonds. Bake in preheated oven for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown and heated through.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut into strips and serve. Enjoy!