I forced myself went to yoga, came home and decided that I had to make a smoothie. Smoothies cure all, right?! (I’m sort of on a green smoothie kick – if you couldn’t tell from THIS post a couple weeks ago…) I had a bag of kale sitting in the fridge and I decided to improvise a little.
Who would have thought kale and chocolate would go so well together?! This smoothie was honestly SO tasty. Definitely didn’t taste healthy! 🙂 I can’t wait to make it again! Kale is full of vitamins and antioxidants, add in the protein from the peanut butter & protein powder, a little banana and BAM! A super healthy, filling and delicious smoothie! Perfect for breakfast, after a workout or just because. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Chocolate & Kale Protein Smoothie
- 2 cups fresh chopped kale
- 3/4 c. skim or almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder I use 100% Whey
- 1 spoonful peanut butter
- 1/2 banana
- 1 handful ice
- Blend kale with milk in a blender until combined.
- Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into glass and ENJOY!!