When I was growing up, my mom always made something special for breakfast almost every weekend. (Thanks mom! 😉 )
One of her famous (and my favorite) breakfasts is coffee cake. Nothing wrong with a little cake for breakfast, am I right?!
This recipe is so super easy to make. It uses Bisquick baking mix, which is nice because you don’t have to bother with measuring out flour, baking soda, salt, yada yada because it’s already in the baking mix. Only a few more ingredients, and one bowl to mix it in. Simple and easy.
Every time I make this coffee cake, it always turns out fabulous. It’s light and moist with the perfect cinnamon swirl topping. Basically, it’s gone within 10 minutes at my house full of boys! You can easily double this recipe to get a 9×13 pan. Serve a warm slice with a glass of cold milk and you’ll be in breakfast heaven!
Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Bisquick, sugar, egg, milk and 1 Tbsp. of the melted butter, and the vanilla. Mix with wooden spoon until smooth. Pour into prepared pan and smooth down the top.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Drizzle remaining butter over the top of the coffee cake and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture over the butter. Lightly swirl batter with a knife for a marbled effect.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Slice up and enjoy!
Check out these other great breakfast ideas:
This post was originally published at Sweet Treats and More on June 11th.