MorningStar Farms provided free product for this post. The thoughts and opinions expressed in this blog post are my own. Roasted Vegetable & Black Bean Tacos made with MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burgers and served with Avocado Crema. Meatless, healthy & delicious! I have four of the cutest boys around. They light up my world and I’m grateful for them every day, even the hard days. 😉 My pregnancies weren’t challenging, like I know some women’s can be. But I did gain weight with every single baby. For some reason, I had a difficult time losing it. While many of my friends were losing weight from nursing alone, that NEVER worked for me! My body always held on tight to those extra 15 pounds. We all know that saying “abs are made in the kitchen” right?? Well, it’s true. It’s 20% gym and 80% what you eat. Um, yikes!! So, yeah. I’m a food blogger and a total foodie. Food is a huge part of my life. I just love it! So… what’s a person who loves food supposed to do to lose weight? Here’s my answer: MorningStar Farms products. MorningStar Farms helped me lose weight after every single one of my babies. No joke! They have also helped me keep the weight off, too. Their burger patties are my go-to lunch and have been for years. I’ve tried just about every one of their flavors, and made them into many different meals, whether it’s keeping them in patty form or cutting them up and putting them in salads, wraps, or tacos – like these!
I just tried the Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Burger and LOVED it. MorningStar Farms has over 12 veggie burger products that are full of protein. I think my favorite are the Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers. They have tons of flavor and I find that they go well with just about everything.
I love that they’re meatless, too! I try to make meatless dinners one or two nights a week. MorningStar Farms makes it easy to eat smart, whether you go meatless every day, or every now and then.
These “out-of-the-bun” creations, aka Roasted Vegetable & Black Bean Tacos, are full of vegetables and healthy proteins. Not to mention FLAVOR! I love roasting vegetables because it brings out the best flavor in them. Add in Spicy Black Bean Burgers, feta cheese, cilantro and an avocado sauce, and you have the world’s best dinner! Your family won’t guess that it’s meatless or healthy!
Roasted Vegetable & Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Crema
- 3 MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burger patties
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 avocados halved, pitted and flesh removed
- 1 5-oz container plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- reduced-fat feta cheese crumbled
- cilantro for topping
- small flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Combine zucchini, mushrooms, onion and cherry tomatoes on a large baking sheet.
- Mix together olive oil, garlic powder, salt and cumin in a small bowl. Drizzle over veggies. Toss with your hands until veggies are covered. Push veggies to one side and place frozen burgers on the baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, turning veggies and patties throughout cooking.
- While your vegetables and patties bake, mash avocados in a medium sized bowl. Add Greek yogurt, lime juice and salt.
- When veggies are tender and burger patties are golden brown, pull from oven. Carefully slice up burgers into chunks and place on tortillas. Add roasted veggies. Sprinkle with feta cheese and cilantro. Top with avocado crema sauce. Devour and enjoy!
Comment on this post for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card, and tell me what MorningStar Farms products are your favorites!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/11-9/14/2014.
Be sure to visit the MorningStar Farms brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!