Chocolate Mousse that’s incredibly easy to make with only 5 simple ingredients! Fancy enough for a party but easy enough for a quick dessert any night of the week. 🙂 (Thanks to AllWhites® for sponsoring this post!)
This week is full of challenges for me. I have to fill out registration paperwork for all four of my kids which I have to bring to three school registration days. Three. Different. Days. I have football practices I have to drive kids to and from all week with scrimmages for all the teams. Oh and I forgot to add that I’ll be a mom to one extra boy for most of the week!
Our friends are taking their older son up to college so we’re lucky enough to watch one of their younger sons. My boys are really excited. I’m already planning the dinner menus! It’s kind of fun to have someone staying over for multiple nights that isn’t a family member.
Anyway, lots of things going on this week at our house and the next week is back to school!! Since things are so busy, I’m all about easy. Easy is good. 🙂
Want to know one of the easiest dessert recipes that sounds like it’s hard to make? Chocolate mousse. Mousse has this reputation of being difficult to make, am I right? Not so! This Chocolate Mousse recipe is incredibly easy. It only has a few steps and only five main ingredients. If you know how to whip whipped cream, melt chocolate chips and whip egg whites, you will have no problems with this recipe!
One of the ingredients is a product I have recently become obsessed with. Have you ever used AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites? It is life changing! My family loves eggs. I’m known to make an egg scramble for both breakfast AND dinner. Needless to say, I usually buy many cartons of eggs. Recently our refrigerator has been freezing some of the eggs and I end up throwing several away (time for a new fridge I think!).
But with AllWhites, I can buy a big carton of egg whites and use it in all of my recipes! I love that I don’t have to worry about separating the yolk from the white and getting my hands all messy. Nope. You just pour out egg whites that are ready to use!
Besides the convenience, AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites contain – you guessed it, 100% real liquid egg whites! They’re rich in protein, too. In fact, each serving contains 5 grams of protein, 0 grams of fat and only 25 calories! That’s half the calories of traditional whole eggs! Plus no cholesterol and less than 1% carbohydrate content.
The really cool thing about AllWhites is that they’re pasteurized and can be used in recipes uncooked! Like salad dressing recipes, shakes, smoothies, and desserts like chocolate mousse 🙂 without fear of food borne illness. Pretty cool right?
This chocolate mousse is so creamy, rich and flavorful. It tastes and looks like a dessert from a fancy restaurant! Thanks to AllWhites, you don’t have to worry about the uncooked egg whites in this recipe. If you know how to whip whipped cream, melt chocolate chips and whip egg whites, this chocolate mousse recipe will be a breeze for you! Enjoy!
Easy Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 pint cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. Truvia Baking Blend or 1/4 cup sugar
- extra whipped cream optional for serving
- chocolate shavings optional for serving
- Place chocolate chips in a large bowl set over a bain marie or over a double broiler at a low simmer, stirring until melted. Pull off heat and set aside.
- Whip cold whipping cream until soft peaks form. Beat in powdered sugar and set aside. With a mixer, whip egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually add the sugar one tablespoon at a time until glossy and thickened.
- Carefully whisk the egg whites into the melted chocolate, until mostly incorporated. Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate/egg mixture. Scoop into serving dishes and refrigerate for an hour.
- Top with extra whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired. Serve and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might like these too:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AllWhites 100% Liquid Egg Whites. The opinions and text are all mine.