- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces (I use about 3 breasts)
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Beat eggs in a shallow bowl with a fork; set aside. Pour cornstarch into a shallow bowl and roll chicken in it. When coated, dip chicken in beaten eggs.
- Heat just enough oil to cover the bottom of a non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. Place coated chicken pieces into the pan and heat until brown.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients: pineapple juice, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, ketchup and salt. Pour on browned chicken. Simmer chicken with lid covering only half of the pan to let the heat escape.
- Simmer 20-30 minutes, stirring often, until sauce thickens. Serve with rice and ENJOY!!