I had never attempted any sort of cooked egg dish, like a frittata or quiche until about a year ago when my husband requested it. I’m not sure why, but I had never tried making one! My husband loves eggs. Like, really loves eggs. He would have them with every meal if he could. And what’s not to love? They are the perfect protein, right?! Throw in some vegetables and you have a super healthy breakfast or dinner. Anyone can make this frittata, it’s really simple. It tastes great and you can swap out what your family likes or what you have on hand. If we have any leftovers, we eat them for breakfast lunch or dinner!
- 1 package white mushrooms trimmed and quartered
- 1/2 pound red potatoes diced into 1/2" cubes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. hot pepper sauce I used Frank's Red Hot
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 10-oz package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a 9-inch pie plate, toss mushrooms, potatoes and oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes, tossing once.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese and broccoli.
- When vegetables are done roasting, pour egg mixture over mushrooms and potatoes and stir to combine.
- Bake until puffed and set in the middle, about 45 to 50 minutes. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @JenNikolaus or tag #YummyHealthyEasy!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love this too:
No Skinnies says
Yummy! I love quiche type dishes! This would be great with spinach leaves too!!! I found you on Mom’s Monday Mingle. My link is for GF & Vegan Perfect Brownie Bites. The link is http://noskinnies.com/blog/2013/5/30/gluten-free-vegan-low-carb-perfect-brownie-bites. I hope to see you over at http://www.NoSkinnies.com soon :->
Heather Fillyaw Graham says
YUM! This looks delicious! Don’t wanna forget the recipe, so I’m adding to my pinterest & facebook! Thanks so much for sharing at Stringtown Home’s “Tips & Tricks, Tuesday!”
Cathy Trochelman says
I’m always on the lookout for new frittata recipes, and this one looks fabulous Jen!
Joyce, Joy says
I’m stopping by from Full Plate Thursday. This looks delicious, my family loves eggs, and these would be welcome in my house anytime!
Glad to be your new follower!
anastasia anezinis says
great recipe!Thanks for sharing!
This is the mouth watering dish full of flavor texture and healthy ingredients. My family loves it and I will make it on a regular basis.