- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 2-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- about 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream together sugars and butter in a mixing bowl until combined. Add eggs one at a time; blend until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and peanut butter, mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into peanut butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate until firm and easy to handle.
- When chilled, roll or scoop 1-1/2 inch balls and place on cookie sheet about two inches apart. Bake 10-12 minutes in a pre-heated 350 degree oven. Wait a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Let cool and then enjoy!