Easy Slow Cooker Thai Chicken – only a few ingredients for a delicious Thai dinner that’s full of flavor!
So now that it’s winter I use my crock pot ALL the time! I love that you can make an awesome meal but don’t have to put a whole lot of effort into it. For me, dinnertime is the hardest time of night. Most nights I’m dealing with grumpy kids that are about ready for bed and I feel like throwing in the towel when I have a dinner to make. But with a slow cooker meal, all the work is done and you just serve it up!
This is a seriously tasty chicken dish that my boys and especially my husband really like. It’s not authentic Thai, but I love peanut sauces and this one tastes great. Plus you probably already have most of the ingredients in your fridge or cupboard! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Easy Slow Cooker Thai Chicken
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chunky or creamy
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoons grated fresh ginger*
- 2-3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- chopped peanuts for topping
- chopped cilantro for topping
- Combine the salsa, peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger in the crock of a slow cooker; mix well.
- Place the chicken in the sauce, spoon mixture over chicken to coat.
- Place the lid on the cooker and set to LOW. Cook until chicken is fork tender and sauce has thickened some, 8 to 9 hours.
- Serve with rice (jasmine is our favorite) and garnish with peanuts and cilantro before serving.
-Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com