These Easy Turkey Avocado Burgers will be your new favorite burger recipe! Cubes of avocado mixed in with ground turkey and spices then grilled. So yummy! (This post is sponsored by the California Avocado Commission)
Turkey Burgers are one of my favorite things to make for a quick, easy and healthy dinner! These Turkey Avocado Burgers are my new favorite spin on basic turkey burgers. Adding in cubes of green avocados makes the burgers juicy and give it that extra boost of avocado flavor. Holla!
When the California Avocado Commission sends me a box of their best avocados, I get so excited! It really gets my creative juices flowing because I don’t want to waste any. No avocados left behind! And since July’s “avocado” theme with the California Avocado Commission is American Summer Holiday, what better way to celebrate than making turkey avocado burgers?! That seems like the perfect American summer dinner!
But let me be honest for a sec. Burgers are a weekly thing in our house. Mostly because it’s one of the dinners that my whole family will actually eat, without any complaints. Even my picky eaters! If you’re looking to change up your average turkey burger, try these Turkey Avocado Burgers!
Instead of topping that burger with guacamole, add California Avocados cubes to the patty! I love the difference in texture that the avocado cubes makes! I hope you like it as much as we do!
Easy Avocado Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large California Avocado diced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper or more to taste
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Seasoned Salt we like Lawry's, for grilling if desired
- hamburger buns or lettuce for serving
- Pour ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add in diced avocado, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Using hands, lightly mix until barely combined. Form into four patties. Put on plate and place in freezer while the grill preheats.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. When prepared, place patties on grill. Sprinkle with Lawry's seasoned salt if desired. Close grill and let cook for 3-5 minutes. open grill and carefully flip burgers over and let cook another few minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve with hamburger buns or lettuce and other desired toppings. Enjoy!
If you liked this burger recipe, you might like these too:
For even more great ideas follow me on:
Leave a Reply