Light and moist eggnog bread drizzled with an eggnog glaze. So much flavor packed into one loaf! Soft, moist and delicious.
T minus 2 days! I can’t believe how fast Christmas has snuck up. Seriously. Tomorrow is Christmas EVE!! I’m not ready. I haven’t wrapped one single gift. I have a whole lotta work ahead of me.
But then again, I have Eggnog Bread. What about you? 😉
Have you brought goodies to your neighbors yet? If not, this bread is what you need to bring. The end.
I’m serious when I say I’ve never had a bread better than this. I explained my nog love when I shared this eggnog cookie recipe. In fact, my whole family likes eggnog. There’s something so rich about the flavor of it that I adore.
This bread takes that eggnog flavor to a whole new level! I used a combo of butter and yogurt, making it extra moist and lower calorie. It’s so soft and the glaze on the top makes it even more moist as it soaks into the bread.
I can’t tell you enough what a wonderful treat this is! If you’re looking for a last minute dessert or snack for a party, to give out to neighbors, or to just make and snack on – this eggnog bread is a WINNER!!
Eggnog BreadPrint Pin Rate
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. light vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup Truvia Baking Blend or 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup lowfat eggnog
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp. lowfat eggnog
- splash of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a large loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, blend together butter, yogurt and Truvia until creamy. Add in vanilla and eggnog and then the eggs.
- Blend in the dry ingredients until combined and then pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes, remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For glaze: mix together powdered sugar, eggnog and vanilla. Drizzle over the top of the eggnog loaf. Slice and enjoy!