These Healthy Apple Pie Protein Bites are the perfect snack to grab when you need a quick protein boost! Easy to make and grab on the go! (Thanks to Dr. Axe Collagen Protein for sponsoring this post!)
These Healthy Apple Pie Protein Bites are perfect to snack on after a workout or anytime you need a quick protein boost! I’m the worst at coming up with healthy snacks. I usually just end up staring into my open fridge or pantry and then end up not being able to find something healthy to grab, which means not eating. It’s a horrible habit to get in! It’s much better for your body to be fed every few hours, especially if it’s a high protein snack!
The solution to this problem? Apple Pie Protein Bites!! They’re super easy to make, contain ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and stay good in the fridge for several days. Which means, easy to grab, protein-filled snacks for your healthy snacking pleasure all week long!!
Wanna know another cool little detail about these cute little bites? I added Dr. Axe Multi Collagen Protein to them! Have you heard of Collagen Protein before? Collagen is a protein made up of amino acids and is so important that it makes up approximately 30 percent of all the proteins in the body. Packed with four different sources of collagen, Dr. Axe Multi Collagen Protein Powder Powder will:
- Support a healthy gut
- Support mobility and flexibility
- Support healthy muscles
- Support healthy bones and joints
- Support healthy, vibrant skin
- Support a healthy weight while keeping hunger in check
- Support healthy, normal aging
- Support restful sleep
- Support a healthy brain
Guess what else? It’s completely tasteless! You can add the collagen protein powder to juices, soups, yogurts, smoothies, and so on. It mixes in so easily and smoothly, too. This stuff is so awesome! I’m a forever customer and will continue to use this collagen! Head over to Dr. Axe’s website to get more info!
These little Apple Pie Protein Bites are filled with the protein in nut butter, almond meal and collagen protein, so you’re getting a triple dose of protein! I have to admit I was hesitant to name these “Apple Pie” bites because the only real apple pie flavoring is apple pie spice. My 13 year old told me he tasted more of the almond butter than apple pie but I definitely think they had an apple vibe. 😉
That being said, if you want to change up the spices so it’s pumpkin pie spice, etc or just leave it out completely, feel free! I love cinnamon and nutmeg so I love adding it in any way I can, haha!
Apple Pie Protein Bites
- 3/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 scoops Dr. Axe Collagen Protein
- 6-7 Tablespoons creamy nut butter I used almond butter
- 3 tsp. Truvia Nectar or 6 tsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. apple spice or more if desired
- Place the oats into a food processor. Process until you the desired texture is achieved.
- Add all the other ingredients into the food processor and blend until the mixture starts to clump together and is combined fully.
- Roll mixture into about 12 balls and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
For even more great ideas follow me on:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dr. Axe – Food Is Medicine. The opinions and text are all mine.