This Homemade Snack Mix Recipe is so easy to make and tastes delicious! Cereal, crackers and pretzels are tossed with a little melted butter and seasonings, then baked. Perfect to serve at a party or to munch on when you’re watching the game. 🙂
Football has officially started!! Well, pro football has. Our pop warner football season started a few weeks ago. Every Saturday we have two football games to go to and every Thursday there’s a football game for my oldest son’s high school.
The crazy thing about my oldest’s football games is that they play at 3:00pm. We have no lights on our fields here where we live! Isn’t that nuts? Even the Varsity games are early. We also don’t have any drive-thru restaurants here either. It’s like living in an old-school community, lol!
I was a pommie (aka the girls that have poms and dance with the cheerleaders) when I was in high school but I never learned the rules of football. All I had to know was what offense and defense was. For real. My husband teases me about it all the time! Now as an adult, and also as a mom of four boys, I’ve learned to love the game. In fact, I’m watching a football game right now as I’m typing this out!
I love the fast pace of the game and I love the camaraderie of it as well. Sounds weird but I love the team spirit that football creates. But really one of the best parts of football is having snacks to enjoy while kicking your feet up and watching grown men hit each other. 😉
The snacks can make or break the game, in my opinion. One of my favorite things to make for game day is homemade snack mix. This snack mix recipe is awesome because it takes very little prep time. Basically you toss cereal, crackers and pretzels together in a big bowl and toss with a little melted butter and seasonings, then you bake it. Baking it really makes those crackers, cereal pieces and pretzels crisp up and soak up the seasonings.
It makes a pretty big batch and when kept in an air-tight container, will last you for days. Unless it gets eaten up right away like it does at my house. 😉 This is also great in lunch boxes too. It’s great to serve at parties and really any get together. So yeah, this snack mix recipe can be served and enjoyed just about anywhere, lol!
Homemade Snack Mix Recipe
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 cups oyster crackers
- 3 cups pretzel sticks
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. celery salt
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Combine the cereals, crackers and pretzels in a large bowl and toss.
- In a small microwavable bowl, melt butter. Add Worcestershire sauce, Lawry's, garlic and onion powder, pepper, celery salt and cayenne (the more cayenne the spicier the snack mix!)
- Pour over cereal mixture and toss with a large spoon until all the cereal, crackers and pretzels are coated.
- Pour into a baking sheet and place in oven. Cook for 1 hour, stirring about every 15 minutes until toasted and fragrant. Let cool and serve. Store in an air-tight container. Enjoy!